The whoooosh effect

Options

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    @elize7 maybe consider a combo pant size or weight goal? I was stable on weight for 3 weeks but I lost enough inches to go into a smaller pants size.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I'm still waiting for my whoosh. It's been a long month coming but I feel like the whoosh is waiting just around the corner.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Well, finally putting together some good keto days again. Hoping for a little whoosh soon, couple pounds would be good. Not even trace on ketostix today, so it might be another day or so for that to re-engage. But, I'm on track with my food plan for good things to come.
    If so, this will be a very good example of a lapse/recovery episode. Short duration and minimal damage. Maybe I'm gaining some skills.Sure hope it continues.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have not lost in over a week. In fact, I gained but did not enter that on my weight tracker because I have not eaten enough to gain any weight so I am hopeful that it is water gain before the whoosh....but still, it's been about ten days.
  • elize7
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Mini whoosh of 3.4 pounds. Mostly water loss, held due to drinking alcohol 2 days ago, but one pound was probably fat (ive been sticking to food plan) and that loss brings me to almost my lowest weight since starting back up on my maintenence recovery program. Now I have 10.2 -13.2 to go in order to be at my new, more realistic goal range.
    I feel like I might like to try a 24 hour fast a couple days this week to see if that does any good in honing my fat burning metabolism, which has taken a back and forth beating over the course of my maintenance year.
    All systems go...warp 9. The final frontier!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    You are doing so awesome!
  • elize7
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Another mini whoosh of 2 pounds. Luving it! At lowest weight since last October. Feels good, and I am picturing me in all my favorite clothes again.
    Never gonna let those boys do this to me again! Certainly eating and gaining doesn't help me feel better, only feels worse!! Once I get to my revised goal weight, all the boyfriend drama weight from both ill-fated romances will be history. And hopefully, so will the memory of them.
    So glad I'm taking a break this summer. Really need to rethink all this. And thank god I at least love my job. And, I have more friends than I have had in the past 30 years. That's something! If I have to spend a holiday alone, so what? Still ahead of the game.
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I haven't been checking my ketones, but have definitely had the "whoosh" effect. I'm feeling like I'm losing nothing, and then "whoosh!" there goes 5 pounds!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I haven't been checking my ketones, but have definitely had the "whoosh" effect. I'm feeling like I'm losing nothing, and then "whoosh!" there goes 5 pounds!

Congrats!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    My weight has not changed more than 0.6 up and down in almost a month. Sigh...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @4031isaiah - Are you getting enough sleep? Enough water? Enough electrolytes? Enough vitamins, minerals, etc.?? Eating ENOUGH? Losing inches? Converting yellow to brown fat? Having ANY NSV's???

This article gave me some great perspective! http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2015/12/why-not-losing-weight-2.html
  • elize7
    Options
    Uh oh! Reverse whoosh.
    Gotta get serious, here. So many distractions, but I need to keep an eye on the time passing. Still have two months to get the job done right, by my deadline.
  • luv4learning
    luv4learning Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love that the things I am going through, like the fact the scale will fluctuate a couple of pounds up or down for a couple of weeks than drop and do the same thing a little lower for the next couple of weeks, are being experienced by others. It makes me feel that it is normal.
  • klg1028
    klg1028 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I started Monday 7/10 and so far lost no weight but am showing ketones starting yesterday!!! Hopefully my woosh is coming
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @4031isaiah - Are you getting enough sleep? Enough water? Enough electrolytes? Enough vitamins, minerals, etc.?? Eating ENOUGH? Losing inches? Converting yellow to brown fat? Having ANY NSV's???

This article gave me some great perspective! http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2015/12/why-not-losing-weight-2.html

The truthful answer is probably no to all.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I find sleep to be absolutely crucial. If I sleep over 8 hours a night, like on a weekend, I'll burn at least another half a pound sometimes. Without enough water, you can't flush away all the processed fats and toxins. And with water, you must have electrolytes for the balance. Nutrient deficiencies will stall you like no one's business!!!

It took me ages to figure some of those things out. Focus on one single thing at a time!! :)
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Thanks Knit!
  • 62apples
    Options
    I did a fat percentage analysis.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/
    It came out at 26.71% which is quite acceptable.
    But I weigh 250 lbs.
    So that means that I have about 70 pounds of water weight.
    That is about 8 gallons of water.
  • 62apples
    Options
    Correction, it is 30 pounds (not 70) of water. Anybody know how to get rid of edema?