Steam summer sale

Anybody else spend far too much on games you'll likely never get around to playing because of an already monstrous backlog? I went worse than normal, in that I ended up with several lengthy RPGs. This year I ended up with:

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
Tyranny
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ghost Recon Wildlands
I Am Setsuna
BloodGate
City of Chains
Song of the Deep
The First Templar
Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind
Northgard
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Charlie Murder
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Karak Azgaraz
Rocksmith song packs -- The Stone Roses, The Offspring pack 2, Dream Theater, Beastie boys, Skater Rock

So far I've only played The First Templar with a friend, which has some terrible ways to handle online play that made us stop, and then a lot of time in Wildlands, which has been pretty fun playing in co-op.

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    We bought Kingergarten during the summer sale and I just wanna say that it was extremely addicting and the funnest 6 hours ive spent with my boyfriend in a long time.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2017
    What? Steam finally got the rights to sell Planescape: Torment? Sonofabitch. That and Tides of Numenera are definitely on my list of things that I need. I just can't justify buying any more games yet, when I still have stuff from the 2015 winter sale that I haven't touched yet. Grim Dawn consumes about 99% of what free time that I do have for gaming. Been in it since beta in February 2014, and still can't stop playing it. To make it worse, they'll be launching an expansion this year.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    I bought my friends and relatives some games and my brother bought me Doom which I've been waiting to get cheap. I'm on the lookout for Sniper Elite 4 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands but they aren't cheap enough yet.
  • CommanderEmily
    CommanderEmily Posts: 68 Member
    These sales always come at bad monetary times for me. I'm doing my wallet good and not even looking at whats on sale because last timw I bought a crap ton of games and ate a lot of ramen til the next paycheck lol. And I still havent played several of them! Letting my partner do the impulse buying this time. I still get to play them but also pay bills xD.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    We completely forgot and missed out (yay wedding planning and busy work schedules leaving us shot and not gaming).
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    I spent about $75 total :# So worth it though.