Should i up my protine?

Options
123sind
123sind Posts: 80 Member
Could you tell by looking at my intake today tell me if i should up my protine or is this fine. Acording to MFP i will lose weight.3rk6wstz1med.png

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Try a calculator like this one. It will tell you if you are close.

https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/
  • lajtaylor
    lajtaylor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'6" so my macros should be around this--protein-103, carbs-26(this is net), and fats should be about the same as protein-103. This is what I've found today on a FB group. They said always hit your protein.
  • 123sind
    Options
    5'4 high
  • 123sind
    Options
    Tried ruled me calculate but i dont know my fat % which is needed for it. When i did try to work it out i came out with 45% bodyfat which can't be right as my weight is 169 pound.
  • lajtaylor
    Options
    Look for your height and go by that. Then you need to change your macros on MFP.
  • lajtaylor
    Options
    For you it says protein--94, carbs-23 and fat-70-164. You should set your calories to 1314 per day. Then adjust your percentages to try to equal 94, 23, and 94. You won't get it exact but get as close as you can. I was told to set fats the same as carbs. If you then aren't losing, lower your fats 10 g and try that for a couple weeks.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It seems adequate to me but you could eat a little more protein so that you can lower fat.
    Eating less dietary fat will help you burn more body fat and eating a little protein will help you continue to feel satisfied
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I ran your stats on the KG calculator at 40% bodyfat. Estimating that accurately makes a difference though so I'd suggest using their bodyfat estimator to figure it out.
    For reference I'm al so 5'4 and 141 pounds and 30% bf.

I got this recommendation at a 20% calorie deficit.
    yr1y2bch40w3.png

http://ketogains.com/ketogains-calculator