Vegetarian lasagna low cal recipe needed

Please include nutrition info. Thanks

Replies

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2017
    8zgwdtfebbmz.png

I took a screen cap of my eggplant lasagna recipe from my MFP recipe box. I hope you can see it because I cannot think of a more efficient way to share it with you. That line where it says "8oz. Aldi" represents an 8 oz. ball of fresh mozarella cheese. I slice that and put it on one or two layers. Sometimes I slice the eggplant thin and use them as layers, sometimes I chop it small and sauté it in with the sauce. For the sauce I sauté the onion and zucchini with the balsamic vinegar and olive oild then add diced tomatoes, season with garlic, basil and whatever else smells good to me that day. Layers go, from bottom up, sauce, noodles, cheese (some layers it's ricotta, some layers it's mozarella, some layers it's parmesan, some layers I do some of each, depends how I feel), eggplant - repeat until the top, which will be sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes then serve.
  • SelfLoveandHealing
    SelfLoveandHealing Posts: 26 Member
    This sounds so good! Where can I get oven ready noodles
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    I have seen them even at Aldi, and all the grocery stores I go to have them. So I expect almost any store big enough to carry more than one brand of pasta in the US will. I think. The oven ready lasagna noodles tend to be on the top shelf. I prefer Barilla because the sheets of noodle are thinner (and they are different proportions so the box is a different size) than the typical lasagna noodle - this gives a better starch to veggie ratio for the diabetic person in my family.

As a side note I often add a number of other veggies, including bell peppers, mushrooms, shredded carrots, and spinach depending on what's on sale or looks good. To some extent, depending on your protein and fat needs and how much wiggle room you have in your eating plan, there is room to add in more cheese. Fresh shredded parmesan can really boost flavor.