2.7 - 8.7.2017

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,530 Member
Morning, all! So, overall, last week wasn't too bad. Only a pound and a half up. So, back on the wagon. :) I am planning Monday and Thursday fast days. I hope you all have a great week!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Well, I appreciate you sound human Kate! So way to go for surviving last week with only a pound & half up...

I'm starting this week out right by enjoying a 6 k walk on the d y k e with gorgeous weather... quite breezy here! I had a mouthful of almond milk before my walk to keep my tummy in check. For lunch after my walk I've had a slice of cold fat free ham cut in strips and I dipped the ends in Dijon plus I ate one hard boiled egg too. Together with my vitamins in still under 200 cals so far. I will eat a normal dinner but fast tomorrow with you Kate!

Cheers for a successful week!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good morning All!
    Hope you had a nice Canada Day Mama!
    Sorry about the scale and last week, Kate. Hope this week is better. ;)
    I took today off since tomorrow is Independence Day for us here and I felt it was funny to come in for one day, especially if I have vacation time.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Silly tablet chopped off the last part of my post!
    Today is a light day for us. Going to the gym and then to the beach, today and tomorrow.
    Will be nice to have some days off outdoors.
    Chat with you all soon! :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen Ha ha! I am *very* human!

It has been so quiet in here. C'mon all you that lurk, speak up! We would love to hear from you!

To everyone fasting today: All aboard the fast train! Chugging along! And happy Independence Day to everyone here in the US!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Yes, everybody who is lurking should say hi!
    Quick hello here. Got to the gym before they closed for the holiday. Now off to the beach.
    Chat soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Well ...Happy 4th of July my American friends!

Im not quite sure what chromosome is in my brain that makes me say..." oh well, tomorrow!".... :s and also, why is my wine calories more important than my protein..? Protein builds muscle, wine does not. My brain and my mouth are not connected! I'm needing to own the space between my hand and my mouth!!

I'll check in later, off for a 6 k walk in the neighborhood.... and yes, "the 3 of us" would love new members and returning ones... to hear your successes, or failings.. we just miss all of you!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I have the same problem, but with snack cakes instead of wine. If you find a solution, please let me know! :p
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    After a few weeks with grandchildren and holiday I am now on a 4:3 regime Mon, Wed, and Friday fasting so fasting tomorrow. As I am now trying to undo the damage done. but we have to live life.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid my weeks have been rather mundane. Once you get to an equilibrium with fasting, it seems like I just post the same things. I'm holding steady, but am interested in losing a few more. I've been in maintenance mode for a while, but with all the cute clothes I've received from stitch fix, I'd like to create a better buffer.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    @Marmitegeoff your holidays with grandkids must've been awesome! Yup! That's perfect living! Glad you hear you're going to try the 4:3 system.... let us know how you made out, as that is always motivating for the rest of us!

@Flossyruby1 I know what ya mean about posting the same stuff! Been repeating myself too lately... a little too often it's me stating I've bailed on a fd.... or even my exercise, (2 sets of 8 is enough... rigghhht???). I must snap out of my slump fast!! My jean skirt button feels better undone!!! I don't know what the heck stitch fix is... but it sounds awesome!!

Thanks for sharing guys!

Oh ya, yes I bailed on my separate walk today and I'm already over calories and haven't even had dinner yet! Waaaaa!! What is wrong with me! I do so well one day and major fail the next, very inconsistent!!! I'll try to copy my old menus down from last summer and stick to them... that may help. Husband is away this week too... maybe I'll blame him!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Marmitegeoff I have been considering a 4:3 week just to shake things up a bit. Let us know how it goes, I am curious.
    @flossyruby1 Mundane is always good. Nice and steady. :) How do you like Stitch Fix? I have looked at it and wondered? Can you return things you don't want? I am thinking about rewarding myself with that when I get to my goal.
    @mamainthekitchen I have been struggling lately, too. My husband is out of town, too, so it MUST be all their fault! LOL
    Had a high cal day yesterday, not sure if I am going to try for three fasts this week or not. We'll see how this morning goes. Have a lovely week everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello all!
    Nice to see some new faces joining in here. We love the company. <3
    We had a quiet Independence Day last few days here in the US. Thank you for the greetings!
    Saturday we visited with BF's family in New York. It was humid and rainy that day. :O Then from Sunday onwards, we were lucky with sunshine and spectacular beach weather! We got to the gym in the AM and then we would head home, make lunch in most cases and then head off to the beach. Yesterday was the busiest day at the beach, due to the holiday and everybody being off, but that was to be expected. Hope to be able to eat lunch outside today. Another nice one!!
    Back at work today but there was hardly any traffic on the road which was lovely! No complaints!
    We have a big project we are working on at work for the next few days, but honestly it is not that crazy, and my boss is being very cool about it. I don't think I'll have to put in any overtime, which for me would mean missing the gym after work. Which I really am trying not to do. Darn healthy lifestyle... Sigh.
    I ate pretty well the last few days. Had a light day Monday and will do another on Thursday. Tomorrow - eeek this week is flying!
    Stitch Fix sounds awesome - I just LOVE clothes and fashion but it is one of those things where I have always said - some day when I am thinner and closer to my goal weight. Some day... :smiley:
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @KateNkognito and @mamainthekitchen Stitch Fix is terrific. I hate shopping with a passion. Partly because of a lifetime of hating trying on clothes that were too tight due to my weight and partly because of time. So my gf turned me on to SF. I initially did not have a good experience because my stylist wasn't in tune with my style (you can link your Pinterest page and pin looks you like for them to get an idea), but I LOVE my stylist now. I would marry her. Really. Returns are easy and if you keep everything, you get a discount on your order. You're only charged what you keep. Because of my distaste for shopping, I kept wearing my "fat" clothes which were huge. Too big looks just as bad as too tight. But I've got enough new stuff that I would have never even considered buying, so I'm having fun with fashion. I TOTALLY get the whole "I'll start wearing cute stuff when when I lose weight", but I think you need to build in rewards. If you meet a short term goal, go buy something fun. I know weight loss itself is the reward, but once you enter maintenance (which I have and is its own challenge), you need something to keep you moving forward. At least I do. Everyone wants to feel pretty regardless of size or where they are at in their weight loss plan.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    @KateNkognito The fd today was not at all bad. I had some almonds midday along with a glass of Almond milk. I have heard of it before but never considered it. I worked better than straight milk as it seems to have a bit more substance, so I was not as empty as I may have been. The rest of the day has been spent writing my book. I did my first spinning session today for too long a time.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! Today is a fast day. I also cheated and got in the scale this morning. It was encouraging to see that I am down a bit despite the bad couple of days I had. If I get in two more fasts this week, I might even be back to where I was two weeks ago. And I keep thinking I am going to start exercising... soon. ;)
    @Meghan509 Jealous of your beach time! I hppe you don't have to work overtime. Happy fasting today!
    @flossyruby1 I reward myself every 5 pounds gone. But I am looking for a reward for my big goal. A new wardrobe seems good. :) And maybe a spa day. :smiley:
    @Marmitegeoff I am not a huge fan of almonds, but that does sound filling. Writing? Someday when my kids are out of my hair... I envy you.
    Have a great day, folks! Off to pick up the house and maybe go crazy and paint the utility room. (I live such a wild life!)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi All!

Thanks for the scoop on Stitchfix Flossyruby1! I would like to try it some time, when I am closer to my goal weight to break me out of my usual buying habits when it comes to clothing and fashion. I love how it links to Pinterest. I am on there all the time. :blush:

Thanks Kate! Work is going well. My boss says tomorrow we will start to print stuff out and then Monday we will wrap it up. So we are in good shape! I don't think I'll have to do any OT. WOO HOO! Congrats on your number on the scale. Sometimes it is good to shake things up, right?!

Tuesday night is a work dinner and I am invited. To be honest I don't really want to go but I should. Will miss the gym that night and will eat at a nice meal for dinner. At least it is not a Light Day. :)

Marmitegeoff, I drink Cashew Milk on Light Days since it is much lower in calorie than regular milk. I only put it in my morning cups of coffee. Not bad actually. I buy the unsweetened vanilla flavored one made by Silk. 25 calories a cup vs my beloved 2% milk that comes in at around 120 calories per cup. A much better choice for Light Day!

Hope your week is going well Mama! I have a jean skirt that I am looking to get back in to. I wore it a few summers ago when I was at my lowest. Last time I tried it on it was too snug. Going to try again soon.

Light Day going well so far. Water and Green Tea up until lunch time then salad. Fun fun fun!

Chat with you guys soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Morning all! Well, I'm finally in a new head space! I'll be fasting today AND I know I'll be successful because I feel like I've had enough 'cheating' foods and indulging!!! I feel full and almost gross... ya, quite gross in fact. I get zero support here (although my husband is proud of me, he doesn't care if I've gained 2 inches since last year) so I find it extra hard to eat my way of eating..... no butter on veg, limited oils when marinating, no pasta etc when everyone here is wanting that. I was hugely successful before carving out my own menu within the rest of the familys, so I know I can do it again... it's just doing it. But today I feel I finally have had enough cheating on myself. Like my thought process back in Oct '15 was that .... if I don't start today, what will I look like by next season! So here I am on a spiral since maintenance exactly one year ago and I have reached the cliff! I've looked back at my menus from when I was recording religiously in '15 .... must go shopping, because i'm out of my green tea, gotta buy some coleslaw and peanut dressing for that salad I really liked and haven't had in months! There were foods on my shopping list I haven't bought in a while! ding ding ! Could my shopping habits have contributed to this??

I started drinking unsweetened almond milk by Almond Fresh (it's canadian) and I'm still buying it as I really like it now and use it with my shreddies. One 8 oz glass is 35 cals which I'm happy with, actually helps stretch the fasting day to dinner and also can substitute and evening glass of something else! I've never tried cashew milk, perhaps when I lose my 2 extra inches... that, will be my reward! Yes, no clothes for me.... my reward will be cashew milk!

I'll fast today and check in tonight! Night time has been the worst... even my nails are looking terrible, because my habit of doing my nails each night has been replaced by eating crap!!! Time to switch that around again.... time to buy some new nail cream and orange sticks!

Meghan... what type of salad & dressing do you have at lunch? I know you have salad for lunch on fast days... is it always the same type?

wooo! rant over, thanks friends :#
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did my first fast after almost 2 weeks "off" yesterday. It felt so good I'm doing a B2B today, lol. I love this way of eating/life... I've been doing 5:2 (off and on) for almost 3 years. I'm a very v-e-r-y slow loser so I still have quite a ways to go - BUT I'm 40 pounds less than I was 3 years ago which is GREAT! My problem is over indulging on my NFD <sigh> I have to be really strict with myself about tracking or the scale starts bouncing up and down.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Slow & steady wins the race @Karen_DisneyFan ! Let us know how your b2b goes.... it's so encouraging to hear someone succeed!

I'm doing well today.. and I don't dare type 'so far' because I am determined to succeed! I enjoyed some oatmeal & seeds for lunch ( I know, weird, but I didn't want to open the fridge) I've had lots of water! It's hot here today so the water is needed! I've been out for my dog walk, 30 mins weights, and just got back from a 4K walk in the d y k e ... I've got to cool off before I think about dinner, but my plan is to have coleslaw with peanut dressing, drizzled sriracha and a few chopped peanuts & green onions with about 3 oz of grilled chicken on the side. Also plan on some tea after dinner although that may turn into ice water & lemon! Hope whoever is fasting today is doing well!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I torched some fat today! I went swimming with the kids and made a point to not stop moving the whole two hours. And a great fast on top of that means bye bye fat! I was surprised that I was not hungry when we got done. Usually after swimming I am STARVING, but not today. With my renewed motivation, and some inspiration from @Marmitegeoff, I am planning on a third fast on Saturday, unless we have something planned that I don't remember.
    @Karen_DisneyFan Way to go! Forty pounds is fantastic!
    @mamainthekitchen Glad you are doing better today!
    Have a lovely evening, y'all!