I'm new and looking for friends!

Options
luellaella5
luellaella5 Posts: 7 Member
Hi, noticed not too many on this site and hope you are still around. My name is Mo (Maureen) and just turned 70. Would like to lose about 20#. Am retired 5 years; live in the woods of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan w/my husb. and 2 little dogs. I'd like to lower my carbs and sugar. I've had my share of replacement body parts and surgeries. The thought of Medicare being cut back in the future and what it would do to Senior Citizens jolted me into reality. We all ! a finite timeline and I want to be as healthy as I can! Who is with me?

Replies

• nonnieSheila
    nonnieSheila Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sheila. I'm an RN who retired last Fall. I've got arthritis in my knees but still have all my parts so far. I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I lost almost 40 lb with MFP but stopped using it when they started clogging the site with ads. We shall see if I can get past that this time. I've put back 10 pounds so here I am. Let's do this
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm Linda and am 70 years old. I need to lose an additional 15 pounds, and I need friends too. I live in the DFW area of Texas. Luellaella5, I'm with you. Sheila, let's do this together. We can.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm Linda too. 76 years old. Let's do this! I am giving myself to get in good enough shape that I don't need double knee replacement.
  • leanerjane
    leanerjane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jane and I will be 74 in December. I recently had aortic valve replacement and would like to lose at least 25 pounds, my doctor says 40 but I'll be happy with 25. I live on the outskirts of Detroit Michigan and need encouragement to continue on a healthy path.
  • Erocs12
    Erocs12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brian and live near Salisbury England about 70 miles south of London. I was 70 this year. I too had an aortic valve replacement nearly 2 years ago and doing great now. This year I decided to get really fit so have joined a gym and taken up walking football. I was truly inspired by a guy called Charles Eugster, worth googling. Sadly he died this year however he was 96. Good luck to all here on achieving your goals.
  • tigger4246
    tigger4246 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Marie - I'm 75 and need to lose 44 pounds. Along with my fitbit would like some friends. I live in Southern California. Broke a toe and is keeping me off the treadmill but getting better and hope to get back on soon.
  • lhdingman
    lhdingman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m also Linda - that makes 3 or 4 of us. Retired last year to The Villages in Florida. I like to think of me as being strong & healthy. Call that denial. At 71 I have Arthritis of the knees and hips and injured my back in an accident last year. Trying to stop eating long enough to lose 20 pounds. I refuse to be old and fat— more denial![
  • jwrenna
    jwrenna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and so far the oldest one I've seen! Will be 79 in a week. My health is good except for painful hips and knees which will probably not mind one bit if I lose these last 10 pounds I've been clinging to for about 10 years. At least I have maintained that 35 pound weight loss for the most part (up and down about 5 pounds), but I am ready to be rid of them. We need each other!