My go-to Guru has launched a brilliant book...

Options
2»

Replies

• CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Currently (and slowly) reading the book. Enjoying the information I've absorbed so far.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    drosebud wrote: »
    I have only bought jerusalem artichokes the once. I didn't like the taste at all but the effects on my body were horrendous. I found out afterwards that their nickname is Fartichokes, and for good reason (for me, anyway).

Maybe the inulin starch wasn't digested properly by your microbiota? That kind of stuff has never bothered me - no prob with beans or cruciferous veg either. (just beer :s - probably because I used to drink it before I found out I had to be gluten free)
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Maybe the inulin starch wasn't digested properly by your microbiota? That kind of stuff has never bothered me - no prob with beans or cruciferous veg either. (just beer :s - probably because I used to drink it before I found out I had to be gluten free)

I eat pulses + other stuff no bother. My trial with these particular tubers was actually over 30 years ago now, but it imprinted itself in my mind so much that I never ever want to try them again!