Riding the Struggle Bus

Options
klovold1983
klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
I'm struggling with this a lot. I feel like I should've lost way more weight than I actually have. I'm on day 11, and I'm down 8 pounds, and 5 inches (waist, hips, neck). How is everyone else doing? Is this a normal amount...? HELPPPPP.

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Woah - 8 lbs & 5 inches in 11 days! Fantastic!
    If you are feeling dissatisfied with this, I feel like you might have unrealistic expectations.
    Keep going. The weight will keep coming off. You are off to a great start :)
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ditto. That's great.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    That's an absolutely fabulous result! Congratulations!!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am on day 10 and currently down about 6 to 7 lbs and very pleased with the results so far. Your results seem fantastic to me. Great job.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You know your thoughts are out of touch with reality right?
    That's what's called the mental part of losing weight. Like we can never be happy. Nothing is ever good enough.
    You gotta work that out because you lose the most weight the first week. You'll never see loss that fast again
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel like you should have lost more?
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know that it's fantastic. I'm actually quite proud of myself. However, I've seen stories where people lose like 70 lbs in a month! I know it's not a healthy way to do things. It's all just mental. I'm thinking the scale may not be my friend.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The only people that could do 70 pounds in a month are those with tremendous water weight. And they would have hanging skin. I have seen it. One man did an IV of lasix and lost 50 pounds. A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds. 70 pounds is about 8 gallons of water. And it can come back just as quick.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A second comment. The best thing you can do is distract yourself with any activity so you don't fixate on food or your diet. Plant a garden. Learn to play guitar. Knit an afghan. Play online games. Go swing at the park.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I agree, the only people who could lose that much that fast would have to be significantly overweight - we're talking like, 500+lbs. (At 300 lbs, I lost 9.2 lbs the first week... which was mostly water.)
    Even with a super strict regiment that includes doctor supervision, the most rapid loss I have seen was 75 lbs in 75 days, following this protocol: https://blog.bulletproof.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/ (NOT Advocating for this at ALL! Especially without getting tested regularly!)

The weight didn't go on overnight, it won't come off overnight, either.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Nobody is holding that much water without a serious medical condition.
    If someone lost 70 pounds in a month, which I can only assume is an exaggeration, they were very very obese to begin with. If they are that obese, you can be sure they also hold more water than someone much smaller as well. If a person needs to lose 500 pounds, they could lose that much. But not if you only have 100 to lose. Or even 150 to lose.
    Context matters.
  • Bbiwbkacq
    Bbiwbkacq Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this a lot. I feel like I should've lost way more weight than I actually have. I'm on day 11, and I'm down 8 pounds, and 5 inches (waist, hips, neck). How is everyone else doing? Is this a normal amount...? HELPPPPP.

I started about the same time you did and have lost 7 pounds and a few inches. I'm quite pleased with that.