Fitbit workouts not syncing to MFP

hlgwilkinson
hlgwilkinson Posts: 1 Member
The first few days i had my Fitbit (HR Charge 2) it was adding with the calories burnt from workouts, and also steps etc. Now it has suddenly stopped syncing my workouts -only the steps add on. Everything else syncs perfectly food etc. Burning over 400cal in workouts a day I'm pretty gutted!
Have tried disconnecting and reconnecting but hasn't helped.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You are correct - Fitbit workouts do NOT sync to MFP.

Only the day's total calorie burn and steps.

MFP does math with the calorie burn to correct the activity level you selected and it's default calorie burn, and makes adjustments.

Those adjustments could be no exercise at all, merely more active than you guessed.
    Or a big workout and then very lazy day, and no adjustment.

If no positive adjustment, then you may be having that last issue, and you need to enable negative calorie adjustment.

This could also indicate you picked an MFP activity level actually higher than Fitbit is seeing, so no positive adjustments.

If steps are coming across, then the day's calorie burn usually does too.

In the MFP app, where you can deal with step source - do you have Fitbit selected?
    Because you could still show steps from MFP app source and your phone.
  • zette73
    zette73 Posts: 4 Member
    I am having same frustration. Ready to go back to my Polar.
  • collin1425
    collin1425 Posts: 3 Member
    How do you get the fitbit to update? It says it syncing but my steps are not increasing.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    collin1425 wrote: »
    How do you get the fitbit to update? It says it syncing but my steps are not increasing.

Be best to start your own topic that is specific to your issue, since this isn't possibly.

You'll also need to be more descriptive since new MFP user.

Suggest you read through the FAQ in the stickies first - 2 times on the first section - to confirm you understand how to use the combo.

Because the way you phrased your question - strictly speaking sounds like the Device (the fitbit) is not updating.
    You don't say where the steps are, ect.

So read FAQ, then if still issues, start new topic.