Was low carb, now I can't have dairy

Options
Cryren8972
Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
Sigh...the hits just keep coming. First no wheat, now no dairy.
BUT...I've looked into paleo many times and thought that I would transition after losing the initial weight on low carb.
I didn't lose much weight on low carb, and yes, I measured....I didn't over eat, etc. My doctor seems to think it's because I have a dairy issue and asked me to cut it out.
Sooooo...here I am. I would love some meal ideas. I am currently scouring the internet before I go to the grocery store, but I love tried and true meals.
Also...any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been giving paleo much thought as well. Sadly, I had my last servings of oatmeal and quinoa today -- goodbye old friends.

During my travels today, I snagged the following from https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/.

"So you’re ready to eat Paleo, but you don’t know how to cook anything, huh? Have no fear, the Internet is a wonderful place:

Mark’s Daily Apple – Although he sells the cookbook on Amazon, Mark also lists over 100 free primal recipes on his site. Pick something on the list, go buy the ingredients, and follow the instructions! So easy even a caveman can do it.
    Everyday Paleo – Great pictures, easy to follow recipes, and pretty interesting combinations. Click on FOOD in the Nav bar, and the meals are broken down into breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    Nerd Fitness – Start with a Nerd Fitness approved basic Paleo meal or move on to something more fun like Paleo spaghetti.

Good luck and ...

0rd7b81ukuov.png

... may the schwartz be with you.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    In addition to the above, I will add - just keep it simple. I'm sure you've eaten Paleo friendly foods before, without even knowing it. The transition for me was more mental because of having to give up the foods that were bad for me. Best wishes to you as you approach this way of eating!
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can add me my food diary is open. I try to keep my carbs under 100 carbs. I eat clean as often as I can. I do cave sometimes but that is human. Focus on fitness and drink lots of water. None of us planned to be overweight life just gets in the way of taking care of our own self. It took me almost 2 years to get into my "healthy weight " but I made it and have not gone into overweight for 3 years. Give it time make fitness fun and learn to cook at home.
    I also follow by email a girl who is amazing at well she calls her blog Organize Yourself Skinny. Just putting that out there I do not know her. But it is not in the weight loss that you will succeed but in the every choice you make to be true to your health. Log into and keep open your food diary.

Patsy
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There are so many amazing Paleo recipes on Pinterest! A few of my faves that are easy to search are buffalo chicken in zucchini boats, and creamy chipotle salad dressing. Assuming you don't have a nut allergy, stock up on coconut milk -- it will give you the creamy texture you like in recipes, and healthy fat, without the dairy...
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I can have pistachios, macadamia nuts, pecans, and peanuts. Thank goodness I can have coconut milk, because I'm not sure what I would do without it, frankly.
    Thank you all for the advice!