*waves weakly*

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I read something in the general community and Woo can mean bro science *kitten* or Woo HOO! Me, I'm using it a as a positive thing, so you guys can just wonder..... ;)
  • gdaydreamer
    gdaydreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Lori.
    I had been off the keto wagon from december until about a month and a half ago. The hubby took a major turn for the worse and most meals were on the road, I hit a point I didn't think I could face another double cheeseburger no bun lol.
    SOOOO long story short I gained back a lot of what I had lost and felt generally crappy before I pulled my head out of my hind end and started behaving myself again. Hubby is doing better, but most meals are still on the go. I had to start packing a lunch or just waiting until I got home to avoid the same issues.

I haven't really been logging this go round, at least not up to this point. I do sometimes and completely forget others. Judging by the dragon breath and massive amounts of energy, lack of joint pains, and better overall everything, I hit ketosis. I have however had to get rid of the scale. I found I put way to much weight (pun intended) on what it said rather than my overall feelings.

It's so easy to forget and backslide, but I love coming into this group and lurking around to keep inspiration. I might not say much, but I really appreciate everyone here.

Hang in there Lori, each new meal is another chance to succeed. We've got this!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you back here.... You did worry me a bit, your last several posts before the 'disappearance' seemed quite manic. Yes, in the medical textbook sense. I wish calm and level progress for you, girl! You can do this!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Loki is a sneaky little *kitten*. He twists your perceptions around, and you don't even know he's doing it if you aren't careful. He sits there and waits for a weak point: the scale isn't cooperating, stress, temptations in your face. And then he slips in whispering: "It's sooooo delicious. Just one," "it's not fair. You deserve...," "The scale isn't budging yet. SEE! It's not working," "oops! Messed up! Eat all the carbs and start again tomorrow or Monday :naughty: ," and etc. He's also good at helping you lie to yourself. Telling you "you're doing everything right!!!" When in reality, you've had a lot of higher calorie days here and there and maybe a couple cheats a month. And let you tell yourself it's ok to not measure everything as exactly.
    Then, BAM. You're down for the count.

I think I'd be ok with all that it Loki were actually Tom Hiddleston. ;)>:)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    And the man can dance....!
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back, Lori! :)
  • SuperCarLori
    edited July 2017
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Glad to have you back here.... You did worry me a bit, your last several posts before the 'disappearance' seemed quite manic. Yes, in the medical textbook sense. I wish calm and level progress for you, girl! You can do this!

About ten years ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 and PTSD, different than the more common 2 in that instead of depression I have huge manic episodes then drop back to normal. Sorry if I startled you....

I'm exercising a great deal more this time, for the added benefit of mood stabilization. :)

I refuse to take psych meds. I need to learn how to deal with my mind without altering it. With my former addiction, I'm not comfortable with psychotropic meds. I had a two year stint on lithium and seraquel and it was terrible.

So I'm back! I'm exercising much much more, I'm now taking 5-htp and melatonin for mind and sleep, and I'm just going to have to keep an eye on my mood.

Thank you all so much for your support and welcome.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I refuse to take psych meds. I need to learn how to deal with my mind without altering it.

I'm the other kind of bipolar. My depressive episodes would last from many months, to many years. My last time on meds ended so badly that I swore I'd never take anti-depressants ever again. It did take me a further year or two or three to claw may way up and out of the darkness, but it can be done.

You can do it. We're rooting for you!

• SuperCarLori
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    I refuse to take psych meds. I need to learn how to deal with my mind without altering it.

I'm the other kind of bipolar. My depressive episodes would last from many months, to many years. My last time on meds ended so badly that I swore I'd never take anti-depressants ever again. It did take me a further year or two or three to claw may way up and out of the darkness, but it can be done.

You can do it. We're rooting for you!

Thank you so much, understanding, support and encouragement are so very helpful. I'm doing and will continue doing very well. And the occasional manic episode gets the house amazingly (albeit frantically) clean! Burns lots of calories. :D
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Loki is a sneaky little *kitten*. He twists your perceptions around, and you don't even know he's doing it if you aren't careful. He sits there and waits for a weak point: the scale isn't cooperating, stress, temptations in your face. And then he slips in whispering: "It's sooooo delicious. Just one," "it's not fair. You deserve...," "The scale isn't budging yet. SEE! It's not working," "oops! Messed up! Eat all the carbs and start again tomorrow or Monday :naughty: ," and etc. He's also good at helping you lie to yourself. Telling you "you're doing everything right!!!" When in reality, you've had a lot of higher calorie days here and there and maybe a couple cheats a month. And let you tell yourself it's ok to not measure everything as exactly.
    Then, BAM. You're down for the count.

I think I'd be ok with all that it Loki were actually Tom Hiddleston. ;)>:)

That's the problem isn't it. He IS Tom. Looks just like him anyway. Lord ha'e mercy! :weary:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Thank you, BS, you've been my biggest inspiration and a soft place in a hard world. So much <3 for you...

hugs_2011.gif

I'm totes calling you BS now. :heart:

Also, we go the woo button?

Sorry. Woo'ed you for *kitten* and giggles.

with wuv,
    BS :joy:
  • baconslave
    Options
    And the man can dance....!

I know. So much swooning.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I love how MFP tried to backpedal on the judge-y button, saying--"it could also be short for Woohoo!"
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You've been missed.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Welcome back! You've been missed.

Thank you, Bonny! :)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you so much, pitbullmama and slim, I appreciate the welcome and also the understanding.

Welcome back to you both, too!