Introduction Post! Why are you here?

Options
Amethystwolf
Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
Hey ladies, I thought an introduction post would be a good way to get to know each other! I know we are all here because we want to drop some pounds after having our June babies, but it would be great to learn more about everyone so we can suport eachother on this journey :). Share whatever you are comfortable with!

I'll share in the comments!

Replies

• Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey! My name is April and I'm 24yrs old. I've always been overweight, I've tried to lose weight in the past but I've never made a lasting change....until now. After having my 2nd baby, a girl, on June 2nd, I finally feel ready to get rid of all this extra weight I've been carrying around and make the commitment to better myself. I want and need to be healthy for myself and my family!

My prepregnancy weight was 215lbs, I gained 20lbs during my pregnancy and got up to 235lbs. I lost it all within the first week after I had my daughter, Ada, and now I'm just working on losing all the extra. I'm 5'4" and my first goal is to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. I eventually want to lose a lot more than just 30lbs, but I feel like it's a good first goal and it's something that I feel is achievable. :)

ETA: I also have a sweet 5yr old boy named Matthew who is starting kindergarten in the fall! They really do grow up so quickly :'(
  • bjg84
    bjg84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is barb and i gained a total of 75-80lbs and I would be happy losing at least another 45 lbs. As of today I've lost my first 25lbs, but that was all baby and water. I gained most of my weight in my legs and butt and I never had my beautiful baby belly until the last month of pregnancy. Thanks for the add and good luck mamas. We can do this
  • lynsktee
    lynsktee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Lynsey, I had just gotten serious about working out consistently the two months before I got pregnant, I kept active until the last four weeks of my pregnancy and gained a total of 21 pounds ending up at 216 when Baby O was born on the 16th, I'm down to 199, but my eating especially treats and junk food is terrible, I'm hoping to be more consistent logging food and being accountable to myself about what I'm eating.
  • alexandria3035
    alexandria3035 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is alexandria. I had a beautiful baby boy on June 25th. I have a 2.5 year old daughter. I gained 71 pounds (or more.. I stopped weighing myself at 209) so I've lost 29 so far and need to lose 41 more to get to my preprganacy weight of 138. I like to eat, a lot. I gained and lost it all with my daughter doing beach body (21 day fix and insanity) however I didn't start that until she was after a year old. I am determined to lose it all again but not wait as long this time!
  • BrainCellsUp
    BrainCellsUp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I had my DD June 12th, and I want to get on track to get healthy with my diet and exercise before I go back to work and things get too hectic. We moved about a year after my DS was born--he's now 2.5--and I never lost the weight from that pregnancy because of a long commute and adjusting to our new routine. Of course things will be more hectic now but I will make this a priority instead of the first thing to go. Hoping the app and your support will help!
  • leahdmurphy1
    leahdmurphy1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Leah and I had my 3rd son on June 9th. My pregnancy weight fluctuated from 135-140 and I gained 55lbs. I lost about 20lbs after birth and haven't lost another lb. I eat all the time and most of the time it's not healthy-but easy to grab foods! I know that tracking calories works so am so ready to get some of this weight off.
  • kismehow
    kismehow Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good morning. My name is kirstin and at first I joined to keep track of my water intake because I'm not doing a great job with that at the moment.

I used to be super fit and taught Spinning for a while. Then my husband and I started dating back in 2011 and I put on about 30 lbs in the first year of us dating. When we started getting in shape again for the wedding, I got pregnant! I put on 65 lbs and topped out at 250 before my first son was born.

This time around, I was at about 208 before getting pregnant and only got up to about 234 when I had my second son on June 13. I was doing really great with my weight until we moved across the country and had a long period of eating takeout nightly because we were living in corporate housing for about 6!weeks. Now, I'm at around 215ish, breastfeeding around the clock, and I cannot wait to get the go ahead from my doctor to go to the gym!

ETA: my goal weight (for now) is 175. It's not my smallest, but it's a healthy goal for now.
  • Bjbia90
    Bjbia90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Brittany and am 26 with two daughters. My first will be 4 in September and youngest is 5 weeks. I joined to help get me back down to prepregnancy and tone up. With my first it took me 1 year to drop back down, held onto the last 10lbs until I stopped breastfeeding.
    I will eventually be a sahm and felt this would help get a good routine going and motivated afterwards.
    I was 125 prepregnancy, gained almost 30lbs and am currently down to 136.
  • mfilek
    mfilek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Melissa. I never lost all of the 55-60 lbs I gained with my first DS despite my efforts. I had lost about 30 before getting pregnant with this DS. Now that leaves me about 45 lbs away from pre pregnancy weight (back when I thought I was overweight, ha!). I would really like to get back to that weight no matter how long it takes me!
  • moonshine107
    moonshine107 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Alex and I had my DD on June 17. I was 122 lbs pregnancy and got up into the 160s with her. I'm now at 148lbs and would like to get back to 122 lbs by October.