Summer Stretch July 2017 Challenge: Week 2 (7/8-7/14)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Obligatory quote of challenge blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
This month's challenge brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Steph_Maks

Ok...ok. It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Summer works with the alliteration I'm trying for here. :wink: Do forgive, me hearties. :lol:

Still, the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. Whether it be literally adding stretching into our fitness routines (like yoga) or trying to stretch our limits, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? It's all fair game.

I've posted a few days early, as I'll be gone over the 1st of the month, feel free at anytime to go ahead and post your goals in this thread. Please keep it bumped for me while I'm are gone, but, as always, I'll have links to each week's thread at the bottom of the Challenge Sticky post for easy access if/when it gets buried. Things are always hoppin' here.

Stretch just a bit, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself.

Replies

• lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    edited July 2017
    from wk1:
    I have HIIT goal of 30min daily 6x wk + I'm going back to Fitbit to track my efficacy--> DONE!
    I have water hydration goal of 10gl/daily + 1/2tsp mineral salt/daily --> DONE!
    I have IF goal to cease eating M-Th at 5p/20-25g net carbs--> not so much. Youngest extended visit so the
    holiday party continues.
    I aim to lose 6lbs in July!--> lost only 1/2lb

for wk2:
    up Fitbit stairs goal from 10 flights to 18 flights & up Fitbit burn goal from 2400kcal/daily to 3000kcal/daily
    up water target to 11gl/daily keeping mineral salt the same
    IF M-Th to 20:4, with Fri, Sat, Sun 18:6 2x & 16:8 1x Let's try not eating after 7p M-Th and 8p Fr, St, Sn (which is roughly an hour earlier than I am currently)
    ... and lose 2lbs

• bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Still going strong with no cheat meals or alcohol. Independence day was hard because of all the carbs around me. I was my dad's and cousin's DD that day so resisting alcohol wasn't nearly as difficult as resisting the bread and potatoes.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I'm still here!

Getting my steps in, and staying under twenty FIVE net (for some reason I can't seem to hit below, but meh...it's working). Drinking lots of salty water.

I crashed yesterday, because I hit over 18k steps my first day back to burn the glycogen. But I feel okay, no headache. I was just weak and lethargic.

A new week. A new opportunity!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    I set three 'stretch' goals for myself this month.

The first one wasn't really fitness related (although I needed to lose a lot of weight to do it). It was the edgewalk that I posted about in the NSV thread.

The second one, the big one, was to ride my bicycle from my house to my mum's house. I attempted that today, and I got so darn close... Uphill all the way, 381 meters elevation gain according to the GPS. 38km and about 90% there and I was finished.

I think it was my first electrolyte crash, honestly. I didn't eat enough salt yesterday, and didn't have any before I set out this morning. I ended up having to get my mum to 'rescue' me from the side of the road, and then my sister brought me home.

I don't know that I'll attempt this goal again this month. Or even this summer. It was a stretch, and I gave it my best, so I'm going to give myself an A for effort and cross it off the list even though I came up short.

My third stretch goal is pending... I'll report on it when I get there. :wink:

ygm4db11l7oj.jpg

So close! My destination was just north of Orangeville. Only 5 or 6 km away (and another few dozen meters altitude higher. OMG I hate hills now with a passion!)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Things are going great!! I think having so many new tools is really upping my focus here. I'm getting my steps in, keeping my carbs AND calories low and have loads of energy today! And the difference in hunger is so sooooo noticeable!!!!!

Now to just stay consistent for the long haul.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    July 1,6,7,8 included ~40 minutes each day of intentional exercise. Fitness walk, low impact aerobics or stationary bike. Food intake was on target averaging 50 total carb grams and around 100, 100 grams on fat/protein. Maintenance.
  • kyashiis
    kyashiis Posts: 491 Member
    This last week, I achieved my goals of exercising- actually over-achieved them. I lost about a lb which is good as I am about 30 lbs from my optimal weight and am losing slowly.
    I updated my bullet journal and my habits page. I track things with various apps, but I like seeing the numbers and icons showing my daily progress all lined up like little ducks in a row.
    I've been trying out all kinds of Keto recipes the last few weeks. There are some great ones out there.
    I tried a sourdough banquette recipe floating around the internet, and it was quite good.
    https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/11/04/sourdough-keto-baguettes
    Now I want to try a tiramisu dessert as it seems I should be able to work up a recipe myself without too much effort.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    I should have stretched before I hit golf balls yesterday. My shoulder is achy today. Great news is that I avoided alcohol all weekend. Ate plenty of good proteins. Went out for Chinese/Japanese restaurant last night. Sashami was really good, stayed away from the egg rolls and pad thai. No white Mai Tai which was my usual downfall. Not sure why eggs are giving me an upset stomach, that was my go to breakfast. Good week last week. Down 2 pounds. Whoosh. Keeping this going! Happy Monday.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    The beginning of last week had a lot of walking and swimming. The end I was in super tired recovering from my trip and the holiday mode so no real workouts.

Saturday wasn't too active. Slight family issue. Ended up watching the toddler instead of working out. Sunday I took the little lady to the pool and then mowed the lawn so I was pretty active. This week I need some weight training and to get a run in somewhere.
  • vls1127
    vls1127 Posts: 8 Member
    I had a 4.8 lb loss this week when I weighed on Monday. YEA. I wasn't perfect on a couple of days including yesterday, but, it is better than it used to be by far. When I reviewed the week I have been ranging between 1300-1700 calories and 30-104 net carbs. I can do better. As I tallied up the fiber grams from the tracking app, I am really not getting that much fiber intake. Mostly under 15-18g. I will add psyllium husk powder to that to increase the fiber intake.
  • vls1127
    vls1127 Posts: 8 Member
    Yay I am still on track - have been ZC now for nearly 3 weeks and back on the wagon for nearly 4 weeks - I really feel like I have become adapted as I am no longer craving anything and my hunger levels have reduced - so far have lost 1st 3.5lbs (17.5lbs)

Really feel like I can keep this going now, even had a stressful week with my son and haven't felt like caving in once - if I can make it through stressful times without reaching for high carb foods then I am going to finally achieve my goals - still a long way to go but can see the way now

With ZC, what have you been doing for regular BM? Just curious, I know when I go low carb, I sometimes have difficulty in that department.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    I keep missing this thread each new week. :( I will try to remember to start this Saturday, the 15th.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I keep missing this thread each new week. :( I will try to remember to start this Saturday, the 15th.

You can start any time!
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    vls1127 wrote: »
    Yay I am still on track - have been ZC now for nearly 3 weeks and back on the wagon for nearly 4 weeks - I really feel like I have become adapted as I am no longer craving anything and my hunger levels have reduced - so far have lost 1st 3.5lbs (17.5lbs)

Really feel like I can keep this going now, even had a stressful week with my son and haven't felt like caving in once - if I can make it through stressful times without reaching for high carb foods then I am going to finally achieve my goals - still a long way to go but can see the way now

With ZC, what have you been doing for regular BM? Just curious, I know when I go low carb, I sometimes have difficulty in that department.

BM tend to be less in general - as you don't have the roughage but my stomach is so much better without the veggies and other stuff - I have found my stomach issues have calmed right down and I no longer have pain from eating - definitely the best thing I have ever done
  • slimzandra
    Still doing good. It certainly is more motivating when you are on a roll! Tomorrow is the end week 1. Stringing it together.. Have a fun Tuesday. Going for a manicure at lunch, so skipping a meal today.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Last night ended up being a rest day. I am so exhausted and I'm not sure why. I just can't get with it.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    I am maintaining just below my goal weight, even made small progress towards taking off a few more lbs.

As for my biking goal, I can finally ride on the flat without aches in my leg muscles, so hope to start the hilly riding training tomorrow.
  • slimzandra
    Wednesday Weigh in down 3pounds for the week. The first week is always the best~