Favorite workouts?

Options
Agkerrick
Agkerrick Posts: 22 Member
Okay, what is your favorite workout? What do you look forward to doing? I'm doing a yoga challenge and love it, plus I walk, but I feel like I need to try something new. I can't run, as I have bad knees and a metal plate and a bunch of screws in one leg. Give me your thoughts on things an over 40, overweight woman can do. Thanks!!

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I seem to do well with Body Weight Strength Training, I have been using the FitStar App and the Runtastic apps. You can also lookup some of the fitness websites like Shape and PopSugar for other workouts. Since I am so competitive even with myself when I do something that I don't really care for I try and keep at it until I've overcome my issue :)

Right now it is Push-ups and Jumping Rope . . .
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite work out is simply walking. I think consistency is key. I've gotten 10,000+ steps EVERYDAY since last Nov 17. I just put on headphones, listen to my fave podcast or music and go! Of course I live in a beautiful climate so that helps too! :)
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do a HIIT class 2-3 times a week paired with my lifting workouts. It's really effective for dropping weight.
  • Valsgoals
    Valsgoals Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do all sorts of workouts. I love jogging but haven't been able to lately because of leg issues. I'm hoping to get back into that soon. I now regularly do Tae Kwon Do. I still use my legs but in a very different way. I like it. Some days I look more forward to it than others, depending how stressed I am. It is a stress reliever for sure and I do come home with sore muscles. Other workouts I do are core strength, weight lifting, walking, bike, and once a week Tabata.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I also do all sorts (variety the spice of life). Currently a big fan of swimming and yoga. Also do some water aerobics classes (great for bad knees), and Zumba classes, plus weightlifting.

When time gets to wonky to make it to the Gym and joints too sore for Zumba, I just go explore fitness videos on Youtube or grab a quick workout routine off of Shape.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love to walk and swim!
  • desertfox2001
    desertfox2001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Been swimming laps for about a month now. Forgot how much I enjoy swimming.
  • MonicaAnn50
    MonicaAnn50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a distance runner. I absolutely love it!
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @desertfox2001, same here. Just recently, I've rediscovered swimming laps and how much I enjoy it too. =)

@Agkerrick, Also, been enjoying OrangeTheory. I love how it's based on heart rate and always different. The hour goes by so fast. I also have a bad knee so I do the elliptical at OrangeTheory instead of the treadmill--which to my surprise gives me an awesome workout!
  • JessicaChicago70
    JessicaChicago70 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love to swim and do HITT water aerobics. I also really enjoy yoga. I like to lift weights but I tend to avoid it. Not sure why...
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    jogging on the spot whilst watching tv, come on I've got grey hairs sprouting ;) got to start taking it easy now
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    group fitness...currently in a boot camp but in the past a favorite pilates class or kickboxing...something where people know you and cheer you on, etc.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    1. BJJ
    2. MMA
    3. Boxing
    4. Kickboxing
    5. Anything else but weight training or running - though I recently started doing some to prevent injuries in 1-4 above.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hiking. Good for the body and the soul. I have never stuck to treadmill cardio or weightlifting in a closed environment, but I love to travel to new trails!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love to be outside hiking or jogging. If I need to be indoors I like the shorter Beachbody workouts (T25 or Insanity Max 30) or yoga
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I kinda do a mix of everything. Im trying to enjoy the rest of the nice weather here in Maryland. So Im trying to use the trials we have here. But I also do a lot of cardio and weights.
  • Demed70
    Demed70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HIIT, Spinning, and Boot Camps
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have been a runner for the past 15 years or so, but I also do a lot of the beachbody workouts, mostly the strength ones. Hammer and Chisel, 21Dfx extreme, Chalean extreme..
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking,hiking, pushups, situps, and lifting free weights are my faves.
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Lifting, bike riding, treadmill, walking with kids too. Also adult activities !