Summer heat

Options
pneschich
pneschich Posts: 325 Member
Have any of you noticed that your tolerance for heat has dropped? I know I'm well hydrated I'm always over 90 oz, usually 100 to 120. But I'm bothered much more by the heat. I always wear a hat. I sat and watched a soccer game yesterday at 11 am. Its hot in Houston, humid too. But I was well over 60 oz before i got there and had another 32 during the game.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm presuming youre referencing water consumption? Lol. When you say your tolerance for heat has dropped, do you mean you drink MORE water now that you weigh less? I work outside so I drink a lot of water most days anyway. Can't say I notice a difference between now and 3 years and 200lbs ago.

I will say this. I drink to thirst, Like most mammals. And most of them are normal weight. There seems to be an obsession about water consumption in the weight loss community. Like drinking more is going to help you lose weight. Don't get me wrong, its GREAT (I probably drank 150oz yesterday) but there's no real evidence that it helps with weight loss other than sometimes it will satisfy a food craving.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @Aztec4Life , no I mean I am totally whipped by much less exposure. I have always drank tons of water. Still do. Been in South Texas for 23 years. This summer, post surgery it's killing me.
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    if your free t3 is low you will experience heat and cold intolerance. For some people bariatric surgery induces a transient hypothyroid state due to the consistent low calories. If that is the case, it will pass with time.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    No i would say my heat tolerance was much worse at near 400lb as trying to walk would leave me sweating buckets and feeling like i was wading thru molasses

Lifes easier now so while i still sweat more than many folks its alot less
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I used to always be warm or hot, even in winter. Every since my surgery day I am cold. The first two weeks I couldn't get warm. Now I'm like a cat, any patch of sunlight and I'm in it haha. I'm not looking forward to winter this year.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am much more comfortable this summer than last. Before I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, I was a hot sweaty mess. Maybe have your thyroid checked?