Duplicate entries from MyFitnessPal

2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Those daily steps which could increase calories above what MFP estimated from your guess of activity level - could be useful though.

I'd suggest you keep an eye on non-exercise days, just normal average daily activity calorie burn, divide by your MFP given BMR, and that activity multiplier should determine the MFP activity level to use.

It was going to correct itself - no need to miss out on increased accuracy because of some strange way it's doing things.

That will help you to apply the life lesson.

You do more you eat more.
    You do less you eat less.

As seasons change you can adjust as needed.

Sedentary is 1.25 x BMR
    Lightly Active - 1.4

Very true reason why it doesn't work right probably, phone being assigned to MMF.
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    Yeah, I was just trying to ignore the extra calorie burn to help me maintain a deficit. I will have to do a better job of not eating back those calories.
  • heybales
    MFP puts a deficit in already if you selected a weight loss goal rather than maintenance goal.

Bigger isn't better for weight lost - rarely gained fast, attempting to lose fast is one of the major reasons for majority to fail to maintain once they have lost weight.

So it could be that right now that extra deficit you are causing by not applying life lesson doesn't matter because you have lots to lose - but later that will come back to bite you if you continue to attempt it when you have little to lose.

If you know enough about all the ins and outs of why, perhaps a reasonable risk to you.
    If you don't know - suggest not a good idea.
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    I set a custom calorie amount (1400) for a modest weight loss goal, as I actually don't have a lot to lose. I have already hit my first weight loss goal and am now looking at a modest extension, another 5 or so pounds. My problem is that I like to eat a lot and the extra calories that are reported when the adjustment goes from negative to positive are what I want to avoid.
  • heybales
    That is the case where you need to disconnect them - because those adjustments will mess things up.

Some people will set a custom eating goal that is not the normal 250,500,750,1000 block deficit - and they still want adjustments when they do more like exercise, in which case syncing is still beneficial.
    Problem is the adjustment is based not on eating goal, but what MFP thinks you'll burn.

So even in those cases - disconnect is usually easier.

Good job on being down to final 5!