Can't believe my blood pressure

Options
gymbunny09
gymbunny09 Posts: 69 Member
I've just taken my bp and it's the best it has been for the past 15 yrs, just been doing keto since the end of May so I am overjoyed

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic news!!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Look for lots of other benefits on this WOE journey too. Congrats. :)
  • gymbunny09
    gymbunny09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, just wish the scales would move but feeling thinner so that's all that really matters and I'm getting healthier.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @mandycat223 - I SOOOOO feel you on the doctor's office reading. It's an actual condition, you know, so sort of mess about medical appointment/testing anxiety... Regardless, it's no joke when everything is ridiculously higher...with no real sensible reason.
  • physio52
    physio52 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes I've got White Coat Syndrome! My practice nurse just asks for my home BP readings.
    Other benefits - I've been told I snore less, I have less reflux and less wind. Win win all round !!!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yep, White Coat Syndrome. That's why I just monitor mine at home too.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I was able to drop the blood pressure medication after 4 months of eating this way!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    That's awesome! I was able to drop the blood pressure medication after 4 months of eating this way!

Fantastic! What is your typical range of carb intake? There has been no reduction in my BP?
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    White Coat Syndrome is real. Doctors and nurses still look at you crazy when you say..."it's fine at home". Lucky are those of you that your doctors accept your home readings. So I take two approaches. One is constant self-talk. You took your BP at home and at Jewel so you know you are fine...there is NOTHING wrong with you. All your lab work is fine and has been fine. Then I calmly talk to the nurse/doctor when they are taking my pressure about anything (except the pressure) so that I'm not focusing on this thing squeezing the life out of my arm. It seems to work....a good portion of the time.