July 13 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• lightningbolt9
    lightningbolt9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, but it was brutal! I was already sore before the workout and gritted my teeth to the end. Now I'm hopeful I can get out of bed in the morning without falling over!
    Calories: Spot on.
    Tracked: Every bite.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @lightningbolt9 Please don't push yourself every day. Neither our bodies nor our minds can handle that. One or both of those will quit on us if we don't listen to our pain.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Walking dog x 2, deads and presses
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten to my computer in more than a week and I hate typing on my phone, so long post today.

Good news first ! I have now lost 10 lbs after joining UAC.
    June 1st weight : 175.6 lbs
    Yesterday (July 12th) : 165.2 lbs

Also I have lost over an inch from my waist and hips. Really happy :) A big thank you for all the motivation and support, I know myself really well and I don't think I would stick to exercise and eating sensible portions for more than 2 weeks. It has now been 6 weeks. Also I noticed that I eat only when I am actually hungry which is a major NSV because I tend to munch something all the time.

@conchita962 : Not a long post at all. I totally get what you are saying and it makes so much sense ! I did the same thing myself. I used to force myself to work out in the gym, hated it but had to do it, high body fat percentage ... never going to lose weight otherwise etc, never worked. Now I walk outside, sometimes lesser calories burnt but I am enjoying it and it seems to be working. Glad the running for the sake of running in the woods works for you !

@Gus130 : Hope you are feeling better.

I do eat a portion of my exercise calories back. My calorie limit is 1200 and most days I try to burn 400 calories exercising and I eat around 150-200 back. On days when I don't exercise much, I eat lesser and try to still maintain a 100 calorie deficit.

@everyone : Glad to see you all doing so well !

Pass day today for me. Had some friends over for lunch, cooked a lot, cleaned a lot, ate sensibly but didn't exercise.
    Pass day 2. I hope I can get to the end of the month with just 1 pass. Fingers crossed :wink:

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @craigo3154 I would be interested in more about metabolic damage. You've mentioned this before, and it's really peaked my interest. Have any web links you'd recommend? Thanks.

@MyersCrystal. Metabolic damage is when Metabolic adaption goes too far. Simplest article I've seen to describe it is: https://www.metaboliceffect.com/metabolic-damage-symptoms/

Most will never have "damage", but its a term that get's peoples attention.

It's been noted in long term studies after extreme diet and how the metabolism fights to get the body back to a pre-determined weight. Best example is from studies done on The Biggest Loser contestants years after the series they were in finished. Most showed significantly slower metabolisms, most put back on weight (sometimes even more than they had at the start to the series they were in. - https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html - remember this article is "news" not scientific so it's over simplified for mass consumption - the more scientific results paper is http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full).

Look up "adipostat" too. It's a theory based on observation. Weight seems to work more like a "thermostat" than the simple CICO equation because the metabolism gets in the way. The "adipostat" concept theorises the body tries to return to the set point by regulating the metabolism and other voluntary behaviours after an abnormal period of CICO. Only once the CICO balance is accepted as normal by the body (and good habits established) can the metabolism slowly to return to it's pre-diet burn-rate. This takes dedicated time.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. A windy day for a 21km bike ride.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? had a 5mile walk and moved some gravel / rock for awhile
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    49.57/ 125 mile
  • PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It will be so amazing to keep the same sized clothes for one year !

I've always allowed myself to eat my exercise calories, I gauge it sometimes on if I am actually hungry as well. I think on days you exercise more you get hungrier generally - so I find this approach worked for me. I have met people who never ate their exercise points, so it is as individual as you are.

Over many years, I've read a lot on diet, weight and psychology around eating. When I think of humans, we are all so different, we don't like the same food, clothes, seasons and our bodies are different too. So I just encourage people to do what feels good for them - provided it is not harmful!

As for my actually general update - today was a pass day :(
    I did track everything but I went over through stress eating.
    I got upset at my new job as my new boss let her frustration out at me. So I was feeling upset and looked for the answer in the vending machine. Even though there are no answers in the vending machine - I did try a few times though, just incase there was an answer there. (kidding)
    Tomorrow is a new day, and I will start again.
  • harringtonen
    harringtonen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yes x 3

I eat my exercise calories back. I try not to and I've started logging my exercise at the end of the day so I don't eat those calories. I am only 3 weeks into my weight loss journey so I am still learning to moderate.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    @pears734 @srufus YASSSS QUEENS!!! @Slimpossible007 I once ran 4.5 hours in a downpour on a long run cuz I had to get back to the car! Luckily is was a hot day with cool rain.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sorry, wrong day
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    July 13

Yes x 3

I'm still here! Sorry about the delayed post. @pribud I really like your quote! :)
  • BexDun
    BexDun Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Hour rugby pre season training. Lots of running!
    Kcl: 1439/1460
    Tacked: yep