Nutrition and Calorie Help

Options
rtogetfit93
rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
Thread for asking for any advice on nutrition/calorie goals when trying to lose weight.

Replies

• myrianne93
    myrianne93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal for calories per day are 1400. If I snack or eat premade meals, it's easy to measure accurately but if I cook, I can't measure exactly what I'm eating. Since I'm cooking dinner for a toddler, most meals aren't ideal for weight loss. I honestly just don't have the funds to make separate meals, so I try to focus on portion control. Any ideas?
  • myrianne93
    myrianne93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For example, if I made his favorite beefaroni recipe or shepherds pie (both are littered with carbs and calories) if I need to eat a portion of it for dinner, how can I measure it?
    Of course, I could make a super healthy dinner for him like a kale/spinach with broiled fish but he's a toddler...c'mon. lol
  • rtogetfit93
    rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you get a food scales, you can measure out the individual ingredients and create a recipe on here- then just track a portion of it (i.e. 1/4 of it, etc). That way you'll have a better idea of what you're consuming :)
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have 4 years twins. I cook most of our meals. I try to make the meals healthier. For example I use whole wheat pasta, incorporate veggies, grill instead of frying, make sandwiches with 100% wheat bread. Sometimes they pick out the veggies, but I keep offering them healthy options, so they get used to this way of eating. They prefer white bread but I don't buy it anymore, and now the only option for them is to eat what I put on the table. If we are eating outside, I let them eat what they want.
  • tsgeng
    tsgeng Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    How do you guys eat 1200-1500 calories a day?? I would be starving with this and need at least 1800 a day... Problem is I usually just clock 1800-2000 cals burnt on my Fitbit so the weight loss is extremely slow.. Any tips on curbing hunger?
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I find munching on raw vegetables, keeping my mind busy with something other than food, and using the allowed calories to eat satisfying food help with the hunger feeling.
  • tsgeng
    tsgeng Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ghizon wrote: »
    I find munching on raw vegetables, keeping my mind busy with something other than food, and using the allowed calories to eat satisfying food help with the hunger feeling.

Oh man I tried thinking about other things but there is just this emptiness gnawing at my core..haha.. I'll try to allocate some calories a day to eat something satisfying..