The whoooosh effect

2»

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    My weight has not changed more than 0.6 up and down in almost a month. Sigh...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited July 2017
    @4031isaiah - Are you getting enough sleep? Enough water? Enough electrolytes? Enough vitamins, minerals, etc.?? Eating ENOUGH? Losing inches? Converting yellow to brown fat? Having ANY NSV's???

This article gave me some great perspective! http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2015/12/why-not-losing-weight-2.html
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Uh oh! Reverse whoosh.
    Gotta get serious, here. So many distractions, but I need to keep an eye on the time passing. Still have two months to get the job done right, by my deadline.
  • luv4learning
    luv4learning Posts: 7 Member
    I love that the things I am going through, like the fact the scale will fluctuate a couple of pounds up or down for a couple of weeks than drop and do the same thing a little lower for the next couple of weeks, are being experienced by others. It makes me feel that it is normal.
  • klg1028
    klg1028 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    I started Monday 7/10 and so far lost no weight but am showing ketones starting yesterday!!! Hopefully my woosh is coming
  • 4031isaiah
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @4031isaiah - Are you getting enough sleep? Enough water? Enough electrolytes? Enough vitamins, minerals, etc.?? Eating ENOUGH? Losing inches? Converting yellow to brown fat? Having ANY NSV's???

This article gave me some great perspective! http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2015/12/why-not-losing-weight-2.html

The truthful answer is probably no to all.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I find sleep to be absolutely crucial. If I sleep over 8 hours a night, like on a weekend, I'll burn at least another half a pound sometimes. Without enough water, you can't flush away all the processed fats and toxins. And with water, you must have electrolytes for the balance. Nutrient deficiencies will stall you like no one's business!!!

It took me ages to figure some of those things out. Focus on one single thing at a time!! :)
  • 4031isaiah
    Thanks Knit!
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    I did a fat percentage analysis.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/
    It came out at 26.71% which is quite acceptable.
    But I weigh 250 lbs.
    So that means that I have about 70 pounds of water weight.
    That is about 8 gallons of water.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Correction, it is 30 pounds (not 70) of water. Anybody know how to get rid of edema?
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    I've got fingers crossed for a woosh coming soon. Been sitting at the same weight for a week, despite spending the whole weekend around a festival (8-12+ hrs of walking, lots of water, and of course only keto friendly foods..)... hoping that in a couple of days all that walking will reflect on the scale! :)
  • wyn87
    wyn87 Posts: 5 Member
    Interesting Article:
    www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
  • greoryg
    greoryg Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    I can definitely see this. I completed week 2 on Monday. The water weight came off the first few days (~10lbs). Two whooshes a few days apart of 4-5 lbs. I was 19 pounds down after two weeks with a 1 pound gain this morning. I am tracking for long term, so small fluctuations don't matter to me. Good results at 25% to 35% deficit, and I mostly feel satisfied.