Introduction

Options
rtogetfit93
rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
Just give everyone a little background on yourself- not just to make friends, but also so that when anyone is answering questions or giving advice or help, we know how to help you individually! :)

Replies

• rtogetfit93
    Options
    So my introduction: I'm 24, 5ft5, and I'm currently doing the Strong Lifts program, alongside some resistance/cardio on alternating days. Finally getting near to where I want to be!
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm 28. I lost about 16lbs last year and gained most of it back. Now I'm starting over. I'm at a dance school. We're on break right now. I'm also doing C25K, Pop Pilates, and I do the punching bag thing - which I love because it's illegal to punch people.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    So my introduction: I'm 24, 5ft5, and I'm currently doing the Strong Lifts program, alongside some resistance/cardio on alternating days. Finally getting near to where I want to be!

@rtogetfit93 is Strong Lifts a weight lifting program?
  • rtogetfit93
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @rsamuelsgold Welcome!

Yep, it's about doing compound lifts :) I'm really enjoying it so far- I hadn't really done any heavy lifting before now, so my weights are low enough to begin with, but I'm already up from 10kg on squats/deadlifts/rows to 17.5kg and up from 5kg overhead/bench to 11kg in the two weeks I'm doing the lifts :)
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    That's great. Well done. In January I did some Pop Pilates videos with 2kg weights (my brother rolls his eyes at my tiny pink dumbbells but they felt like a thousand kgs to me). Then I did 100 burpees every day for a week and the next week those 2kg were nothing. It's amazing how what a difference a week or two can make.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    I think I'm going to start the burpee challenge again.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    Go for it! Burpees are killer but so good for overall fitness and strength. I know what you mean- I started with water bottles when I first got into exercise, it's an amazing feeling to move up!
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    Wow water bottles to 11kg. That's big.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    No more excuses and using what you've got. Sigh.
  • myrianne93
    myrianne93 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My name is Aumani. I'm 5'3 267lbs mother of one amazing 3 year old. I am a single parent and I WORK A LOT. Most of my meals in the past were fast food and I was a slave to sweet tea, I'm starting to cook more and monitor what I eat while avoiding sugary drinks. I haven't started a work out program just yet... it's slightly intimidating but I'm ready to see a change.
  • phumy_healthyhabits
    phumy_healthyhabits Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 35yrs old. I have lost about 25kg so far and i need to loose another 15kg.
    I have been a slave to the scale and this is one habit I've challenged myself to break this July. I am relying on tracking honestly according to MFP and working out. I must say quite refreshing to start your day with zero scale worries.
    I am choosing this way because I'm more concerned about doing it right long term.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
    @myrianne93 - small changes will add up! Don't worry about an exercise program just yet- you can always add that in later, once you want to give things another boost. Sticking to a deficit diet-wise will do plenty.

@phumyonafitnessjourney - That's a good habit! It's great you're thinking of things long term, too. Scales aren't the be all and end all! Consistent tracking will give you results anyway :)
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hi all-
    45 y.o. mom to 5 kids, work from home. During the school year I'm at the gym five days a week, take a break in the summer. I need to lose about 50 lbs. My struggle is to be truthful and consistent with logging food

glad to be here!!
  • snowboardermom
    snowboardermom Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello! I'm so glad I found this challenge! I've used MFP for tracking several times before and it worked great when I would stick to it. I've never used the Groups so I hope this will help!! I'm 49, have two amazing sons - one in college and one a HS senior. I work a lot and sit a lot. I want to lose 25 lbs.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me @stainbackzoo and @snowboardermom (and anyone else, too) if you want a few more friends to keep you on track!
  • Faith777mfp
    Faith777mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Joyce, I'm 48 and have 50 pounds to lose (10 of which I managed to put on in 2 months after hubby lost his job!!)

I just got my fitness tracker in the mail yesterday and after much effort finally got it to sync last night. It's a Striiv Fusion Lite. I have never used a fitness tracker before so wanted to get a less expensive one first to see how I like it before I "splurge".

I'm am on the second day of the keto diet (my first goal is to stick with the <20 grams per day for 21 days) and my second goal is to get in at least 4,000 steps on the treadmill everyday.

I look forward to getting to know y'all on my journey.
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 35 years old. I'm a stay at home mom to my 4 years old twins. I want to loose 30 lbs. currently I'm overweight and would like to be at a weight when I felt best. I've been trying to loose weight for years and I keep loosing and gaining back the same 10 lbs. consistency is what I lack.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom; pre diabetic, need to lose 60lbs. Down 22. Need help keeping myself motivated. Hoping I can stick to my plan with the support.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    Welcome everyone :) add me if you want to!