Pick a Habit!

Options
rtogetfit93
rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
So this is for everyone to pick one healthy habit they will stick to for 21 days, and be accountable for!

Small changes make a huge difference, and one habit is easier to stick to than making lots of big changes at once- if you pick one habit every 28 days, you'll be more likely to be consistent, to succeed in forming the habit, and to not feel overwhelmed (which could hinder your results)!

Post the habit you'll be taking up below, and come back every day to tell us how you got on- good and bad. Consistency is not about perfection, but progress - soon the good days will outweigh the bad days, and you'll be getting the results you want!

Replies

• femmac
    femmac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working two jobs has been cutting into my gym time and I want to make more time for excersise again. Every day that I don't have two shifts (~5 days a week) I'll be hitting the weights and pavement.
  • JennieAL75
    JennieAL75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to get out of the habit of sitting all the time at work and when I have free time at home. Yes I already workout but that's one hour of my life! I need to move more!
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    JennieAL75 wrote: »
    I want to get out of the habit of sitting all the time at work and when I have free time at home. Yes I already workout but that's one hour of my life! I need to move more!

I made it my mission in work to do 250 steps an hour at least and I burn around 300 more calories a day! Plus mentally, I feel so much better!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My goal is to log every single day. I will do it a few days and fizzle out. So I want to get back on the logging bandwagon, even if I go over calories.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    My goal is to log every single day. I will do it a few days and fizzle out. So I want to get back on the logging bandwagon, even if I go over calories.

I think it's actually better to log even over calories - you often overeat less than you think you do, and it can be good to see that one over day doesn't take away too much from your weekly deficit. If you log as you go, or even write down in a diary if you can't log it here, it'll also help you to not go too overboard- you'll be able to stop yourself earlier, and be more conscious of what you eat, and gradually, the over days will be smaller and smaller.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Habit 1: No added sugar (I'll need to start using sweetener in my tea).
    Habit 2: go to the gym 5 times a week.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    My habit is going to be making sure I have a weekly deficit of 5,000 at least, and track daily :)
  • radiocricket
    radiocricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into the habit of logging daily. As I've dropped weight, my TDEE has lowered, slowing my weight loss. I also burn less calories now while walking. I need to log to be sure extra calories haven't started sneaking into my diet!
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Log truthfully every day!
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    my habit will be to log every day- even when i go way over calories! :)
  • snowboardermom
    snowboardermom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to track and log everyday!
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    where should we post each day that we are successful with our habit?
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    @stainbackzoo just added a thread there :)
  • Faith777mfp
    Faith777mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    #1 <20 grams carbs per day
    #2 At least 4,000 steps on treadmill everyday
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would like to log everyday.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy for at least 30 days
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,278 Member
    Options
    Log every day
    Stay within calorie allotment
    Exercise/walk

07/13 - yes, yes, yes
    07/14 - yes, yes, yes
    07/15 - yes, yes, yes
    07/16 -

Chris
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Track daily!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,278 Member
    Options
    Log every day
    Stay within calorie allotment
    Exercise/walk

07/13 - yes, yes, yes
    07/14 - yes, yes, yes
    07/15 - yes, yes, yes
    07/16 - yes, yes, yes

Chris
  • oceaneyes_kpop
    oceaneyes_kpop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting this as I just found the group. But I want to be junk food free for 21 days (no chips, no soda (even diet), no candy/chocolate, things along those lines)