just upgraded to vivosmart hr

Options
crisisborn
crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
Happy to see it works with MFP. I'm currently on the C25K plan @ week 1 workout 2
Have to admit this one comfortable sleek looking tracker.

Replies

• MaralynManson
    MaralynManson Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have the same Garmin.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Cool upgrade, @crisisborn ! I almost made the same purchase this past weekend. I went with the hr+ for the added gps. Good luck with C25k.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have a pretty specific question about the vivosmart HR+, maybe one of you knows the answer? When you set it into a workout mode, does it still count steps? I ride horses and find most step counters count the horses movement as my own, grossly overestimating my efforts. I would like my next device to work around this if I can find one that does. Thanks!

@onthatstuff sounds like you have the model I am interested in!
  • linnypp
    linnypp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I certainly find it adds several hundred steps when I swim. It would have been really helpful to have a swim mode to avoid that, but it only has run, walk, cardio or other as options.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    awesome, thanks!
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've since changed to viviactiv hr. It allows some settings changes. I didn't really get to play with the hr+ I had before.
    @4legsRbetterthan2, the only activity I do where steps are counted is jumping rope. My guess is that unless you can find a way to disable the step sensor, you'll keep running into the issue you're experiencing. You could try checking with Garmin.
  • richlewis42
    richlewis42 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not sure if it counts steps when in workout mode, but you can "add" a "custom" workout. When you do that, it allows you to customize what it measures, and I'm pretty sure you can disabled the step counter when you do that. So just go into you exercises, at the end click "add new", and then answer the questions for all the settings. There should be one for the step counter.

Wait, never mind, I was looking under settings, and you can turn off GPS but I don't see anything for step counter. there may be some other way to do it though this device is very customizable.