Summer Stretch July 2017 Challenge: Week 3 (7/15-7/21)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Obligatory quote of challenge blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
This month's challenge brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Steph_Maks

Ok...ok. It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Summer works with the alliteration I'm trying for here. :wink: Do forgive, me hearties. :lol:

Still, the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. Whether it be literally adding stretching into our fitness routines (like yoga) or trying to stretch our limits, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? It's all fair game.

I've posted a few days early, as I'll be gone over the 1st of the month, feel free at anytime to go ahead and post your goals in this thread. Please keep it bumped for me while I'm are gone, but, as always, I'll have links to each week's thread at the bottom of the Challenge Sticky post for easy access if/when it gets buried. Things are always hoppin' here.

Stretch just a bit, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself.

Replies

• baconslave
    OOOOOPS!
    Sorry I didn't get the new thread out yesterday. The kids kept me hella busy and then my dad and then the Hubs.
    Airhead moment.
    Apologies. :dizzy:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I finished up week 2 with 4 days of walking about 3 miles each day and/or stationary recumbent. 40-50 minutes per day. This week I'm at the beach with some friends. I have great intentions but then it hits 90+ degrees and the beach chair gets a bit more appealing. We'll see. B)
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    I am now fully in my stride, food just isn't bothering me anymore, I have no cravings and carbs aren't interesting me at all - I have fully integrated into my ZC lifestyle and finding it very easy now
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    That is awesome Chillycatmum! IT does get easier. I had a blow out celebration on Friday night, but managed to recoup over the weekend. So no gain, but no loss over the weekend.
    Staying the course today. Back at it for another week! Looking forward to weigh in on Wednesday. We can do this!
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Still going strong on no junk food. I had my brothers girlfriend thank me for me strength last weekend when I resisted the Oreos that were in front of me. It gave her strength to say no to them yesterday.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    7/15 big shopping day with mom. Got a haircut that depressed the hell out of me so no workout.
    7/16 Beachbody Insane weights with Shaun T.
  • anglyn1
    7/17: Rest
    7/18: Piyo strength intervals
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 2017
    It was my kiddo's B-day yesterday, but he was with his Dad for the day. I won't see him until tomorrow. Needless to say, it was a really hard day for me yesterday. Divorce sux, but it was better than staying together. This birthday was harder than my own turning 50. He's 15 and I feel like his childhood is coming to a close. He is growing into a young man and I'm losing my baby. I am so proud of him and miss him terribly when he isn't with me. This one was brutal. Thankfully, I have some great friends who helped me through it.
    @anglyn1. I know what you mean about haircuts, but it will grow out and you may even end up liking it. I love your hair in the picture. You can always pull it up in a bun for these hot summer days and still look amazing!
  • anglyn1
    @slimzandra Awwww Happy B-day to your son! My baby is 22 so I know how you feel!

As to the haircut...there will be no buns or ponytails for a long while. My "trim" ended up being short. Like really short. LOL. I might should update my profile picture lol
  • baconslave
    edited July 2017
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @slimzandra Awwww Happy B-day to your son! My baby is 22 so I know how you feel!

As to the haircut...there will be no buns or ponytails for a long while. My "trim" ended up being short. Like really short. LOL. I might should update my profile picture lol

Ugh. I'm so sorry. There's a reason I cut my own hair...and my dad and mom both cut hair, they just did what they want and not what I ask. So I watched a couple of youtube vids and use the ponytail method to cut my own.

I hope it grows fast for you. :disappointed:

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ugg. Struggling again. Mostly recovered, but still in recovery mode - 3 pounds more til I'm back at my lowest for this month..or about 5-6 pounds til this month's goal. Might make it if some of it is water bloat from carbage slips. If I don't, I can still do it before deadline.
    I'm really glad I've lost that "give up" streak I used to have. One thing I've learned on this weightloss journey is to fight hard for myself.
    It ain't easy, but I'm not easy either. Still going for the brass ring, which I guess is a happy me.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Also, I know it's late in the game for this month, but as I'm working on the weightloss plan, I would also like to start up again with some physical activity. This is an area that I keep coming at because I feel it's important, but have no real compulsion to actually do beyond a day or two. Always get sidetracked or lose interest.
    So I'm thinking maybe I should just try to do a few simple stretches, since this is stretch month. I really could do with some flexibility.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    @elize7 Some of us just have to start out simple. I started out just trying to walk around on my back porch for 10 minutes. Now I walk miles. Just start out with simple things and build on them with what works for you.
  • anglyn1
    7/20: hammer and Chisel ISO speed hammer
    7/21: rest day