20g Daily Carb Limit Friends

Options
Hello,

I'm fairly new to both the keto lifestyle as well as MFP. I have a few friends here on MFP that are also trying to follow a keto diet however I most of them do not restrict themselves anywhere near 20g carbs a day. I'm looking to add some more friends who try to limit themselves the same as I do and also share their food diary.

Thank you in advance! :)

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I aim for 20 net, you are welcome to add me. Keep in mind I was on vacation last week tho lol :smiley:
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I too aim for 20g carbs a day. I bounce back and forth with net and whole carbs. The logging in last few weeks has been thin due to Summer stuff. :p You are welcome to add me.
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I aim to stay under 20g whole carbs
  • jlcoxjr119
    jlcoxjr119 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to shoot for the 20g also. however., I don't know where to begin. where can I find helpful information on the keto diet .grocery lists, menus, recipes etc..?
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Simple foods are the staples of my LC diet. I don't like to cook complex anymore. So I eat 2 fried (butter) eggs in the morning, coffee with heavy whipping cream. Every day. Sometimes with a slice of bacon or sausage piece. Today I added a little bit of tomato from my garden.

Lunch is canned red sockeye salmon, or sardines or various cheeses (French Brie, European Gouda, N Zealand Cheddar) with olives, tomatoes, lettuce, cukes, what ever I have. Sometimes leftovers.

Dinner is usually cooked on the grill Sundays and lasts almost the entire week. Chicken Thighs with skin, burgers, brats, steak, country style spareribs, with grilled onions, asparagus, red bell peppers, whatever low carb veggie I have on hand. All very simple and delicious. I do poach cod or red salmon (wild) once a week.

My veggie garden is coming in so, I have fresh peppers, heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, small eggplants (ymm Fairy Eggplant), and Mexican squash (tatumas sp?) Extremely good grilled or stir fried in olive oil.

Drinks are water, seltzer, unsweetened ice tea, unsweetened coffee, occasionally tequila or rum heavily diluted with water, and a dry wine with dinner almost every night. No artificial sweeteners of any kind. No soda.

This diet of mine sounds expensive, but I eat very little in the way of processed foods found in the middle grocery isles and save tons of money. Plus, I shop at Sams or Costco. There are additional savings of not having to take expensive medications for my diabetes.

The internet is full of recipes for low carb if you want more complex meals. Good luck with your journey!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm kinda like @aquawave. My foods are pretty basic. Everything other than my main meal is fairly repetitious.

Fish, meat, vegetable, eggs, dairy, some fruit, nuts/seeds, oils/fats. I think I've finally grasped the idea that food is for nourishment and satisfying hunger versus entertainment or all the other reasons I operate.

ETA: oops, sorry. I do eat a bit higher carb than 20. More like ~50 (total).
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you want to, and my diary is open to friends. I stay under 20 carbs net, and I am usually under 10.

My diet is probably painfully boring to most people, but it fuels the fire and keeps me satisfied. I have a slight "food is medicine" bias, and so many of my choices are determined by macros and getting protein up where it should be.

I have two fried eggs and two pieces of bacon with HWC in the coffee for breakfast almost every day. This that lovely place where what I would be inclined to do anyway happens to be what works with the diet too. It is a great way to start the day.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! :)

You can add me as a friend. My foods are pretty basic right now too, since using the oven during these really hot days is avoided. We've also got several home improvement projects going so meals have got to be easy and fast right now. I try to stay around 20 NET carbs, but I'm also in maintenance so my macros can fluctuate more than when I was just trying to lose weight.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy to add anyone - I am way under 20g as I have gone Carnivore so my diet is very simple
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am just starting back to 20g net carbs!
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 20 also. Had a bad day today though, just straight emotions. Better now, promise.
    Anyway... Who knows, maybe the idea that someone's looking will keep me in check :wink: And you might have some ideas I can steal too!

I'm like most others, in that I keep it quite simple. Throw a recipe on for kids every once in a while. Found an awesome bacon bbq meatloaf they devoured in a day, so it didn't last me a few lunches like I thought it would lol.
    Usually though, I have cooked drumsticks, roast, chops, and taco meat sitting in the fridge to take away some of the thinking. And I like to snack eat through the day.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am striving to get to 20 carbs or less for T2Diabetes. Anyone can add me if you want.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I stay under 20g carbs per day! But we are already friends :wink:
    I do tend to eat the same things often, because I have figured out what fills me up, tastes yummy, and meets my macros %.... but it doesn't make for a very exciting food log!
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm also shooting for 20 net.. I'm not sure it's keto if you go over that. I'm pretty new to the diet so anyone's also free to add me I could always use some inspiration. :-)
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I shoot for 20g or less, and usually stay close. Sometimes I might creep a little over with some veggies. My food diary isn't very exciting as I tend to repeat a lot. I have bulletproof coffee each morning. We usually eat out for lunch, so that gets more varied. Dinner is a protein and veggie or salad. The most difficult part of this was giving up diet coke, but I'm doing it!!!
  • Bbiwbkacq
    Bbiwbkacq Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I stay under 20g too. Add me as well.
  • gymbunny09
    gymbunny09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had been doing 20g but decided to up to less than 50g, was missing my yoghurt & berries too much. As this is a long term way of eating feel better on less than 50g.