***H20...Go! Go! GO!*** - Summer 2017 - Weeks 7 & 8 Discussions

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
We ALL know water is important. How much do you drink on the daily? How do you get it in? Do you track it? Any specific bottle or cup you use? Do you prefer a different brand over another? Is your temperature preference cold or room temperature? Is it a must that you add flavor to yours? Any water infusioners?

Do tell your hydration "secrets"!

Replies

• debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I must admit, i don't drink as much water as I should.
    I do like just plain tap water, straight from the faucet. Nothing special, nothing added.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I took 2 32 Oz bottles of smart water and with sharpy marked of every 4 ounces. I have one if the water bottle on my desk or counter and make sure that I drink 4 ounces every hot or so. If I get behind I drink more to catch up. I fill them up every night and put them in the refrigerator so they are cold. I drink more if they are cold but not ice cold. .
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I took 2 32 Oz bottles of smart water and with sharpy marked of every 4 ounces. I have one if the water bottle on my desk or counter and make sure that I drink 4 ounces every hot or so. If I get behind I drink more to catch up. I fill them up every night and put them in the refrigerator so they are cold. I drink more if they are cold but not ice cold. .

This is SMART! Good idea!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Well I have me a 32 oz Bubba cup so I'm trying something new. With the water bottles for some reason I don't remember every day to keep going get another one once I finish the one I have. I'll try this method and we shall see. I don't have any issues with the taste of plain water. I'm often dehydrated so it's refreshing to me. I do prefer it cold but room temperature will suffice.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have a Brita water bottle and I love it! It filters water as you drink, so you can use normal tap water. Mine fits about 23oz and it has little notches that mark the oz/mL on the side (similar to some Nalgene bottles).
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I really like those 1L bottles of carbonated flavored water that you can get at most grocery stores. They come in so many flavors now and they're all less than $1 each so that's my go to drink when I'm at home. I've mostly stopped drinking pop so it's nice to have something carbonated. At work I keep a 16oz cup at my desk and fill that up a few times a day. I definitely need it to be cold and to have a straw, otherwise I don't drink nearly as much.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I don't know why but I can't do carbonated water. The fizz makes me fill overstuffed.
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always feel guilty about my water consumption because I just don't even thinking about it until I am thirsty. Before I started spending a good amount of effort to drink more water I would only have 1 to 2 cups a day! Now I am drinking 6 to 7 cups, which I still feel is a little low! I try to buy really fun patterned cups to push me to use them more. I also like the ones that come with a lid and a plastic straw so it is easy to bring on the go! My go-to is iced tea and it keeps me from buying any coffee or extra drinks at the store. It's a win-win cause I get my fluids in for the day and I save money! Woohoo!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've been M.I.A. ladies! I usually check MFP on my ipad at work but it's been having major issues....just got a new one...yay! The weigh in discussion was already closed but I wanted to share my final results with y'all.

Start Weight: 192.4
    Weigh-in #1: 192
    Weigh-in #2: 191
    Weigh-in #3: 190.1 (I think I must have missed posting here last week...oops! Got weight from another weekly thread)
    Weigh-in #4: 187.7
    Weigh-in #5: 186.3
    Weigh-in #8: 184.9
    Total Loss/Gain Amount and/or Percentage: -1.4 lbs from last week & -7.5 total

Thanks for keeping me motivated!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had a water bottle I use at work and I did some number crunching and my goal is to drink refills of that bottle a day. I had a hard time tracking so I started posting a post-it on it and put 5 circles in it. Every time I refill it, I fill in a circle so I see how my progress is. I just started last week. We'll see how it goes!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    I had a water bottle I use at work and I did some number crunching and my goal is to drink refills of that bottle a day. I had a hard time tracking so I started posting a post-it on it and put 5 circles in it. Every time I refill it, I fill in a circle so I see how my progress is. I just started last week. We'll see how it goes!

Good idea!