Like Minded Lushes - June 2017

Options

Replies

• Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but I'm a super lush. Dear lord the booze I have drank in the last 2 weeks... ugh NO. And we have guests coming to visit tomorrow from California and from Edmonton through the weekend... and they have already sent photos of the bottles of booze they are bringing over for us... My liver hates me.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Lots of stress for many this week. Best thoughts for you all. <3

We just got back from a road trip which saw us travel to Nebraska and back. It was fun, but a lot of driving! I will be trying to be good and start eating right and moderating.

Wishing Syd and Robin the best!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It's 2pm and I just poured myself a beer. Enough said. :/
  • ryzeman
    Options
    We are bb sitting today and will be home late eve. I will be having sumptin a bit stronger than beer! :drinker:
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Robin, so sorry you're having such a tough time. Do something nice for yourself if you can.

Pretty good week, but am looking forward to the weekend!

Mon = 0
    Tues = 0
    Wed = 0

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Well Doug is finally feeling better and work will be good busy for a while so I am on the mend. Thank you all for the kind wishes. They really do help.
    Hang in there Syd. Beer? I didn't think that was your go to.
    Gwen, I did some retail therapy and got a couple of new shirts so that helped. great job on the 0's
    Meg, my liver has hated me for years. I remember when in my 20's one drink would do me in and now I can drink 8 oz of vodka and not even notice. This is not good but it is what it is.
    Gary, I have to have a lot of grownup juice when I get my Jamma fixes. I love them to death but I can only handle so much.

Happy Lushing!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 5
    Thurs ?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Glad to hear things are better, Robin. Yeah it was 90 degrees, I was tired and cranky so I downed a beer. It was really good. I moved on to wine after that. :p
    I've lost some weight. Totally stress related and not done in a healthy manner...but oh well.
    One.Day.At.A.Time
  • gwenm4
    Options
    So, was trying to get four 0s this week but I don't think I'll make it. Hubby just asked me if I wanted to go to the local restaurant -- on the river -- to sit and have a drink. Hmm...

Well, I am going to just give myself a high 5 for 3 days of zeros and move on to the weekend.
    There's always next week. I'm going to check the scale tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I have lost something. Tired of the yoyo-ing. Happy almost weekend all!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 5
    Thurs - 1 cider, 1 pint of beer. I even bought wine and didn't open it after dinner. I was too full and sleepy.
    Fri - going to try to keep it tame
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope you lushes had a good weekend!
    Still in caretaking mode here. Went through a bottle if wine over the 2 days.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I did pretty well Friday night. Saturday would have been ok, but the neighbor came over and we were up till 1 drinking. Our music fest was Sunday. It was a lot of fun. I drank a lot of beer. Yesterday we took the day off. Had a mimosa at brunch and then 4 beers after the pool. Ended with 2 ciders but napped on and off between about 8 and finally fell asleep around 10:30. I needed the sleep! I wish I could say I'll be getting some 0's, but I have dinner with a friend tonight, my friend is coming to watch my kids tomorrow since I have a meeting (we usually drink), and I have my work golf scramble Friday. Maybe Thursday if I blow off happy hour.....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I really just can't handle one more thing. Now the company is saying they didn't receive some documents of Doug's and are denying his layoff benefit. They are trying to screw him out of 26 weeks of pay. 30 plus years of service and a huge fu. I have been tipped off the edge.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin, what a bunch of crap. Hang in there, find an advocate for Doug- lawyer up if you have to!
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Robin, that is awful! I'm so sorry you're going through this stress! Hang in there. Sending good vibes your way.
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Monday = 1
    Tuesday = 0
    Going for another zero tonight as we're planning on taking the kayaks out on the lake to watch the sunset. Trying to keep busy in the evenings -- it's easier to replace the wine when there's things going on.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ditto to what Gary said, Robin! It's just so sad to see what corporate culture has diminished to. Employees are just #s, there's no loyalty left :'(
    We began the process to move the MIL to assisted living. We just can't provide her the round the clock care she needs. She has no idea yet and will not be happy. But her dementia and physical ailments necessitate supervision. The evaluation/paperwork and move will take some time. It's the right thing to do, I know that...but I am dreading it all.

Bad day yesterday, the husband and I downed 2 beers (him) and wine (me) and pretty much crashed.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    It has got to be hard on all of you Syd. Wishing you all the best! <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks, Gary <3
    I'm doing my usual 2 glasses of wine. I can't remember the last time I had a 0 :o
    The son is on grandma duty Saturday. Husband got tickets months ago to the improv in LA to see Joel McHale (my bf) so we're headed up for the day...got a hotel room. It should be a much needed, nice break. Drinks will be consumed :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've been lushing along.... Not sure if I'll earn a 0 tonight or not. I'm not going to happy hour, so there's a slight chance.....