A Foodie Trying Keto! Need Friends ASAP!

Options
3834cherie
3834cherie Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
:(

So I partial started this Keto journey weeks ago trying to limit my carb intake, and I have been pretty unsuccessful with getting down to 20 to 30 grams of carbs a day. I am a foodie, and this is crappy my style. Lol. Exercise is not the issue...my love for food is. Yet, I am committed to giving this a try.

Please add me as a friend and introduce yourself! I need friends ASAP to keep myself on track.

Replies

• southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you :)
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sent request
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Good thing there's tons of great food to eat then!
    I honestly don't think I've ever eaten so well. It feels indulgent to me to have things like creamy coffee, a big steak or eggs and half a pound of bacon for breakfast!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Oh, and not just all of this, but when your palate clears from the congestion of added sugars, salts, and unnecessary fats to foods to make them more palatable and addictive, you will be able to taste so much more nuance and subtlety in your foods - flavors and accents you couldn't even detect before. Your foodie taste buds are likely to be taken to new and more incredible heights and flights of fancy!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who's a group member referred me to this thread and thought I might offer something of value...perhaps it is, or is not...you decide.

Hey there, @3834cherie !

If you love vegetables and meat, keto is for you! It's a luxurious and delicious way of eating/way of life, like @Sunny_Bunny_ mentioned

So many people who aren't aware just assume I'm throwing bacon cheeseburgers, bullet proof coffee, and pork rinds-smothered chicken nachos down my gullet every day...and while those things are DELICIOUS AF, they are something I eat only in moderation. That said, I think the definition of a foodie is someone who appreciates, studies,cooks and enjoys food. Period. So I'm not judgy about what people love to eat. As for me. I tend to cook or prepare vegetables and use meat as a seasoning. My typical go-to meals are things like: Collard greens with bacon, cabbage braised in butter + bacon fat with smoked sausage and paprika, steamed spaghetti squash, spinach, cauliflower or broccoli covered in homemade ragu bolognese made from veal/pork or pork/beef (or all three), crustless quiche/fritatta stuffed with cheese, ham, shallots, asparagus...stuff like that.

If you prefer to eat pastured eggs & chicken, grass-fed butter/beef/heritage pork, go for it, if you can. Many can't afford them, or have access to them, or just don't put it as a priority. In my case, I sometimes can and can't. If I can afford the good stuff that week, I get it. Also, if you're NOT into fattier cuts of meat, that's cool, too. Some folks don't like skin on their chicken thighs or breasts, or fatty steaks. Get the leaner cuts of the non-organic raised meats to avoid the higher fats that possibly are toxic if fed GMO grain lot feed, and add butter or coconut/avocado oil to them when cooking/serving, if you need the fat.

I think you'll do great! Eat what you like, as long as it works in your macros, I say.

I have a collection of photos w/recipes for anyone interested in following it here
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Change your mindset. Food is for nutrition and to satisfy physical hunger. That's all.