What's your personal goal for the week?

DevotedToDASH
DevotedToDASH Posts: 60 Member
It's Sunday, and for me that means it's time to review my goals, progress, and oopsies. This week my personal goal is to try a meat free week to see if it helps with my inflammation and helps me see a better reduction in weight.

What's your personal goal?

Replies

• Toweringtulip
    Toweringtulip Posts: 12 Member
    That is an interesting goal Karen; I wish you success!

Last week I managed to drink 2litres of water on most days and will continue the challenge this week.

I need to develop a regular exercise routine again so my personal goal for this week is to attend the gym at least 4 times (gym sessions, classes or swimmming) On non-gym days I shall walk or cycle.
  • DevotedToDASH
    Great goals! Good luck to you too!
  • dlockhart1955
    dlockhart1955 Posts: 56 Member
    edited July 2017
    My goal this week is to walk more and drink more water.
  • Toweringtulip
    edited July 2017
    Good choices! I have to remind myself to drink enough water.
    The weather has been beautiful today so I did a 5.5 mile walk along the coast with a friend.
    Good luck with your targets!
  • AmyM831
    AmyM831 Posts: 258 Member
    This is a hectic week for me with out of town guests arriving tomorrow and staying a few days. I will be back in the swing of things Friday. My hope is to go on a nice long bike ride, if the weather cooperates.
  • Toweringtulip
    I know how difficult it is to maintain goals when you have visitors staying ...enjoy their company and good luck with returning to your routines once they've left!
  • dlockhart1955
    dlockhart1955 Posts: 56 Member
    I envy those of you who can get outside and walk or bike ride. It is suppose to hit 100 here this week with 56 per cent humidity. I work in an office building. So, I will have to walk the halls.
  • DevotedToDASH
    I envy those of you who can get outside and walk or bike ride. It is suppose to hit 100 here this week with 56 per cent humidity. I work in an office building. So, I will have to walk the halls.

It's a little less humid here, but walking the office building or malls is still the landscape of choice for me this time of year. Guess it makes up for having no snow here in winter!

Walk those halls!
  • AmyM831
    AmyM831 Posts: 258 Member
    Hope things can get back on track for me tomorrow. My last house guest left an hour ago. I am exhausted. Possibility of storms all day Saturday, so I better get out tomorrow. I did go for a nice long 4 mile walk with my sister-in-law yesterday. But it was so hot and humid, I almost felt like I was going to have a heat stroke.
  • DevotedToDASH
    AmyM831 wrote: »
    Hope things can get back on track for me tomorrow. My last house guest left an hour ago. I am exhausted. Possibility of storms all day Saturday, so I better get out tomorrow. I did go for a nice long 4 mile walk with my sister-in-law yesterday. But it was so hot and humid, I almost felt like I was going to have a heat stroke.

It's always nice to have guests, but it's always nice to see them go at some point, lol. Be careful walking in the heat. Heat strokes or heat exhaustion can hit really quick - especially in higher humidities. There's no evaporative cooling effect. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and a nice visit to the ER - but that was back in Illinois. Any breeze hear provides personal evaporative cooling!

I'm kinda proud of myself this week - I've been sticking to my no-meat plan despite some unexpected stress... My younger son called Monday to tell me that his ex-wife had just dropped all of the kids stuff at his house (he's already got primary custody, thankfully) and told him that she was moving out of state on Tuesday. Just like that. Kinda through my week into a bit of a tizzy, both dealing with my own emotions and those of the grandkids. I already had a grandsons' sleepover planned for the weekend, but I'm extending it into a special birthday weekend for my grandson to hopefully smooth over the fact that his mother is not around. Crappy timing, but we're going to make the best of it.

Work is crazy busy - I actually am finding myself having to remind myself to eat. We have a manager moving to Puerto Rico to run a new subsidiary venture there, so for some reason, everyone is coming to me with questions she'd normally deal with. I see a request for a salary increase in my future if this becomes the norm, lol.

Oh - and the car is in the shop... and we're a one car family, so I get to drive a lovely little rental. Happy, happy... joy, joy, lol. (It does get much better gas mileage than my hubby's beast)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

• kaybrowning
    kaybrowning Posts: 3 Member
    feeling out of control after a weight gain of 20pounds. Reached the point where I am ready to do something...I'm sure I'm suffering from hip pain, difficulty sleeping, etc due to my unhealthy happens. I haven't even weighed in but will do that on Monday. I'd like to loose about 30 pounds. Happy to find a place for support.
  • enjayare
    enjayare Posts: 2 Member
    I have 2 goals: 1) Drink 12 oz of water before each meal and 2) 10 minutes of elliptical every day this week
  • farmerdear1
    farmerdear1 Posts: 23 Member
    My goal this week is to walk more and drink more water.

Great goals! I find I do better with measurable goals..like this week I'm going to start drinking 8 8oz cups of water..easier for me to see if I've met my goal :)
  • farmerdear1
    farmerdear1 Posts: 23 Member
    Happy Monday! Feeling good about the weekend. Stuck to activity levels (yay!) And did well with nutrition..went into the week in a positive mind set. Determined not to let the time change derail me