Welcome!

Options
cbeck130
cbeck130 Posts: 14 Member
Hi, I am Carmen and this is my first challenge group. I haven't exercised in 6 months and I sure feel it! It is my hope that we will all try to come together and encourage one another to start living a little healthier. I haven't been motivated until recently to even try. My breaking point was having back pain while mowing the lawn. I gained 30 pounds in the last 8 months and it's not even the weight... my body hurts, aches, and feels unhealthy.

My goal is to exercise for 30 minutes a day 3 to 5 times a week. I would also like to lose 10 to 20 pounds during our challenge. :) If you haven't shared your goal. Share it! You can also share your start weight. Mine is 174 pounds.

Replies

• TabbyCat444
    TabbyCat444 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm Tabitha, and getting healthy, has been a long trek for me. I've come a long way, but at the beginning of the year I joined a gym. At first I was super excited and went all the time, and I felt amazing!

Unfortunately the newness has worn off, and life has gotten in the way. I'm trying to stop making excuses and start going again!

My 6 week goal is to go to the gym at least 3 times a week!

Starting Weight - 172
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both already have me beat! I've been a member for awhile but rarely logged in or did anything. I recently stepped on the scale and hit a new high of 182.2 as of this past Sunday, so that's where I'm starting. My targeted goal weight is 154 (not in 6 weeks) ;) My 6 week goal is to track all my food and hopefully learn just how good and bad certain foods can be in terms of calories - and it'd be great if I could drop 6-8 pounds in the process!
  • cbeck130
    cbeck130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing and I am excited to have some accountability here. I have never tried a challenge or group before but I thought what the heck could it hurt at this point. Lol!
  • natalief177
    natalief177 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Natalie and it has been a while since I really felt good about a workout. 8 months ago I had a pretty good, regular workout plan but ever since I moved it has been harder and harder to stay active, my goal for this challenge is to work out 5 days a week and log my stats. I used to be a dancer and gymnast and have a really negative mindset when it comes to weight loss, so I only think I want to lose 1/2 lb per week. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Irene. I've struggled with my weight for many years and it's gotten to the point where I really need to so something. My goal for this 6-week challenge is to reach 10,000 steps at least twice a week and if I can lose 10 lbs at the same time, that would be great.

Starting weight - 278 lbs (126.2 kg)
  • srclissold5576
    srclissold5576 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah. Today I am 147.6 lbs. I'm fairly happy with my weight but would be a bonus to lose 6lbs during this 6 week challenge. My main goal however is to not binge on sugary treats. I don't want to cut sugar completely from my diet as life is too short to never enjoy cake again! But I definitely need to cut waaaay back, eating a packet of biscuits every day plus chocolate and icecream is not good!
    This is my first challenge...so thank you to Carmen for organising it. I look forward to this journey with you all.
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm Robynn, just a quick hi for now as I get a sec of rest from my tiny terror I run after most days! Little does he know he's helping my exercise goals with all the chasing after him I do, fitting he's actually named Chase. Jinxed ourselves with that one. I've done these before, I always flake out at some point, and really want to stick with it! Excited to be part of it! Here's to all of us reaching our goals!! We can do it!! :)

Starting weight: 187
  • ChiaPetters
    ChiaPetters Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm LeAnn though mostly everyone calls me Chia. I'm a college student studying chemistry with a minor in math so I can teach. I've been working out and eating better. I started this a few weeks ago and have made some really good progress so far.
    This is my first challenge.
  • ChiaPetters
    ChiaPetters Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My main goal however is to not binge on sugary treats. I don't want to cut sugar completely from my diet as life is too short.

Hey Sarah I have some really good low cal sweets. (I'm a bit of a sweet tooth myself). Let me know what you like and I can send you over a couple recipes.
  • amyaddison79
    amyaddison79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amy. My goals are: log my food and exercise every day (the good bad and ugly) and lose 10 lbs.

Starting weight: 254.4
  • k3ls4ur
    k3ls4ur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Kelsey. I have 2 kids 2 years and under and I really want to lose the baby weight finally! My goal is to work out for AT LEAST 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. My starting weight is 183.6
  • jmansor
    jmansor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can call me Jo and it is nice to meet everyone :-) I have been an MFP member for many years but have not been active in groups or communities. This is my first challenge as well. I lost 30 lbs 4 years ago and gained it back again plus 20lbs more! I went through some rough time at work and now I am at a new job which is allowing me to have work & life balance. I am at 197.6 lbs and I am only 5'2"... I have never been this heavy :-( I hope to lose between 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. Thanks Carmen for starting this as I appreciate the support system.
  • srclissold5576
    srclissold5576 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hey Sarah I have some really good low cal sweets. (I'm a bit of a sweet tooth myself). Let me know what you like and I can send you over a couple recipes.[/quote]

That would be great, thank you.
    Biscuits and cake are my favourites...I'm currently coping with the ice cream cravings in the heat by eating blended frozen bananas with yoghurt and cinnamon. But I know I will really fancy a biscuit...or packet! Soon
  • JaeWeezy
    JaeWeezy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just learning how to use this. It's encouraging to read so many stories and know I am not alone. I have struggled with my weight my entire life, right from childhood. I am now 36 with my own child and I fear for her catching not only my unhealthy habits but also my unhealthy relationship with self love. My goal is to track everyday for 6 weeks and meet my walking goals. I have been inactive for 3 years and I have lacked the motivation to get the hell up. Weight watchers has worked for me in the past but it pains me to pay so much when all I need is this support
  • pahsarj1
    pahsarj1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jeff here. Been dormant in MFP for a long time, but committed to a new start. Seems like most aspects of my life will be improved by dropping 15-20 pounds. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it's not easy considering I've been at my existing weight for a few years.

Starting weight = 176.5
    6-week goal weight = 166.5
  • Bonkers412
    Bonkers412 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Laura. I just had my second child in January and I'm ready to lose the baby weight. My starting weight is 180.4 and my goal for the challenge is to lose 10 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get back into the 150s, or maybe even 140s. I did lose this amount of weight after my first baby by tracking my food and exercising so I know I can do it.... I also know it is not easy!! I would also like to try and make sleep a bigger priority. :)
  • zengirl193
    zengirl193 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cynthia. My six-week goal is to walk for at least 30 min 5 times a week. I would like to lose 6-7 lbs which would put me just into the 140's I'm around 156 now but I fluctuate. I would also like to cut back on sweets. I'll do fine for a while but once I have that first bite of dessert I can't seem to stop. So for the next six weeks, I'll also set a goal to stay away from that first bite. Good Luck Everyone!!! :smiley: