Cheese taco shell

Options
southern_star
southern_star Posts: 89 Member
Anyone tried this before? I did today and I'm undecided about it. I don't know what I'd expected it to be like but it didn't meet my expectations. I'd definitely give it another try though.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've made them. Kind of tricky do I just don't bother usually.
    I've tried microwaving them but the center gets too hard with soft edges and then you can't fold it either without it breaking.
    I also fried them in a skillet then transferred onto some wax paper to fold over and cool. That worked well but it just took so long and I just don't want to take that long usually.
    I suppose you could also just crisp them in the oven on parchment. I make "pizza" that way.

They do taste really good though.
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Pizza sounds good! Mine weren't crispy like I thought they would be. I did them in a skillet.
  • erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just tried putting cheese slices under the broiler on parchment paper. They got all bubbly and browned, but didn't harden, and we're full of little holes! They tasted good, but for sure not useful for taco shells! I'm thinking you'd have to bake them longer and slower to dry them out? Too much work! I just made a taco salad instead!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I like the way they fluff and crisp in the microwave, but it's not able to be manipulated after that...maybe a form?
  • steffenzfamily
    steffenzfamily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just put a slice of cheese (usually cheddar) on parchment paper and microwave one minute. Take it out and bend it while it cools. Viola! Crispy shell. It does have little holes in it unless you make it in a skillet but they're not big enough to bother me. Love them!