Summer Stretch July 2017 Challenge: Week 4 (7/22-7/31)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Obligatory quote of challenge blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
This month's challenge brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Steph_Maks

Ok...ok. It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Summer works with the alliteration I'm trying for here. :wink: Do forgive, me hearties. :lol:

Still, the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. Whether it be literally adding stretching into our fitness routines (like yoga) or trying to stretch our limits, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? It's all fair game.

I've posted a few days early, as I'll be gone over the 1st of the month, feel free at anytime to go ahead and post your goals in this thread. Please keep it bumped for me while I'm are gone, but, as always, I'll have links to each week's thread at the bottom of the Challenge Sticky post for easy access if/when it gets buried. Things are always hoppin' here.

Stretch just a bit, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself.

Replies

• baconslave
    Options
    Getting this out there a day early. I'll be off camping in the morning.
    This "week" will run through the end of the month.
    Last stretch, folks! Get it!
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Had a difficult day yesterday - was travelling all day so had to pack handy food so wasn't really what I wanted to eat but got me through the day - will be pleased to get back on track today as at my mums who fully supports what I am doing
  • Chillycatmum
    Options
    Having a lot of temptation at my mums have been mostly keeping on ZC but she has lots of fresh fruit and veg available so I am being a little flexible but she is fully supportive of my LC lifestyle and is encouraging me to stay on track
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I found a new way to stretch my limits this week - I'm doing an extended fast. Currently on the 4th day, and I'm planning to see how long I will manage. So at the moment I'm not 'low carb' so much as 'no food at all'. When I do break the fast, I will of course be back on the LCHF plan.

I also managed to walk every day last week, for a total of just over 40km. I also rode my bike all but one day, and that day I spent an hour cutting firewood. So lots of activity all week long.

And the icing on the cake was this morning's weekly weigh-in, I'm down another 4 lbs.

Looking forward to what the last week of July will bring! Cheers everyone!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Awesome stretch Steph_Maks! Inspiring.

I've dropped the ball on this month's challenge. Might try to get back into it for the final week.
    But I have been busy at stretching my relationship and friendship chops. And in doing so, have been addressing some difficult areas and handling them okay. Not smoothly, but with authenticity and truthfulness. Big steps for me.
    Food plan is off, but again, not crazy off. Just need to find some way to balance all the life stuff with the food stuff.
    I'd also like to cut back on the alcohol... it's not out if control, but I am aware that I rely on it as liquid courage a little bit too much. I need to chill and be secure with the fact that I really do have friends who like me for me...not just as crazy fun party girl.
    Hoping to zero in on my plan again and hope things finally settle in for a steady patch of living the good life.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I went off the wagon this weekend. I went 30 days without crap food or alcohol and stress got to me. I feel like poop today. It wasn't worth how my stomach feels right now. Blahhhh. Will clean it up for the rest of the month and beyond. Thankfully I only gained 1 pound back.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I love starting off a new week without having any weight gain over the weekend. Hoot! My week days are fairly structured so I can keep the plan in action. I've been in a holding pattern for a few weeks, so I expect some changes this week for the better-- if I stick to the program. This is a week for ME and I've got this. Going into August with gusto. This isn't a race. Just a series of small sprints. (a little stretching and lifting in between) :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation last week at the beach. I walked a little over 3 miles one day on the beach at a good pace. I was in my bare feet and ended up with slightly sore ankles but no big deal. Another couple of days I put on my walking shoes and backpack and walked to the grocery store just as I do at home. Round trip was a bit over 3 miles. Another day I walked a couple miles to get some fresh fish to cook for dinner. Food choices weren't all that great in regards to keeping to my typical 50 grams or less but that's not a big deal. Very low carb is how I choose to eat the vast majority of the time. No matter what anyone cooked for dinner I ate it and enjoyed it in moderation. Back on track with no issues.
  • jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. Are we doing an August one?? if so, I am in!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Not only did we begin a new exercise program this month, but hubby and I are walking in the evening too. So instead of just morning walks we're doing morning and evening.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hey y'all. Are we doing an August one?? if so, I am in!

Yes. I'm covered all over with Taxi-mom stuff this week, but I'll get that nailed down and posted in a day or 2.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It is almost the end of July. Anyone want to check in? I just completed my first month of keto and am very thankful. This is a great WOE for me that will help me loose weight and get healthier throughout 2017. I like that I need to pay attention to my body and there are lots adjustments as you find what works best for you. I feel like almost everyday I learn something new. How are you all doing as July comes to a close?
  • Chillycatmum
    Options
    I had a tough final week as have been visiting my mum, food was good while I was down there but I had more dairy than I would have at home and I didn't drink enough water, have come home with bloating - I am back on track at home now, but think I have inflammation as I am weighing a little heavier today.

Getting back on track properly has been easy this time so I know it won't take long for things to get back to normal.

I was really pleased to not succumb to binge eating while I was away as it was a stressful time as Nan is in hospital and out found out my Ex (my sons dad) passed away I am thankful to be well into the ZC way that food didn't even bother me
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've had a pretty good July in most ways. I stretched myself and my limits with some different challenges, mental and physical, pushed myself work-out wise on the bike, and completed a full year of daily cardio. The only metric that came up short for me was weight. After a bunch of downs and an up, my net loss is only 2 lbs for the entire month, which I am very disappointed about.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    July has not been my month. I have just been wore out and exhausted. I have barely worked out. I have done ok diet wise and my weight has remained within my accepted parameters so there is that at least. Hopefully August will be a little more active and energetic.

@chillycatmum sorry to hear about your ex. Condolences to you and your son!
  • Chillycatmum
    Options
    Thanks @anglyn1
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your truly changing month. Stick w it as best you can. And use us. We will lift you up as you need it. <3
    I had a tough final week as have been visiting my mum, food was good while I was down there but I had more dairy than I would have at home and I didn't drink enough water, have come home with bloating - I am back on track at home now, but think I have inflammation as I am weighing a little heavier today.

Getting back on track properly has been easy this time so I know it won't take long for things to get back to normal.

I was really pleased to not succumb to binge eating while I was away as it was a stressful time as Nan is in hospital and out found out my Ex (my sons dad) passed away I am thankful to be well into the ZC way that food didn't even bother me

• jackinorrie
    Options
    I'm not going to give any excuses. My month was difficult with food choices. I am up 4lbs.

Next month is mine!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I got exercise in 12 of 31 days (obviously not planning any today >:) ) so I'll not call July a complete bust. Proper eating is not a problem. 50 total grams of carbs or less per day is like heaven compared to the Medically Therapeutic Ketogenic Diet I did for a year.