New and curious

Options
Hi all! I have been keto since April 18th and I am never looking back. I would love to get some keto friends on here because talking to none keto people is like...well boring..jk

So do we share recipes in here? I like to keep it simple through the week and then make something special on weekends. I have found that making crazy recipes is too much work calculating my macros. I don't exercise due to health reasons so staying on track is important.

Look forward to meeting everyone

Replies

• lisas2015email
    lisas2015email Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm New to Keto also. I am still trying to figure it all out before jumping in 100%. I took the advise from others to begin reducing carbs gradually to avoid the crash. This is working for me and I'm getting excited about starting. Would love to hear how you started and what a typical meal day is for you :)
  • barbschaeffer34
    barbschaeffer34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did my research to get started and tried to keep it simple. My husband joined me after saw the weight just falling off. When he came on board I had to make a few typical foods we liked and converted to keto recipes. We still keep it simple. Bacon and eggs for breakfast but I have bulletproof coffee. Lunch I will have chicken salad with veggies and supper some kind of meat, salad and maybe some cauliflower Mac & Cheese. We like to have fat head pizza but I make it a white pizza, no sauce just some olive oil. I have fat bombs in freezer and some homemade ice cream. They are used sparingly. I don't worry about the scale, it's a liar
  • vysila
    vysila Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think simple food is a great idea. Trying to balance macros across meals and days is hard! Right now I'm following a very specific program that provides semi-not-simple meals, but the recipe is calculated out and they provide the shopping list as well. So not-so-simple becomes fairly simple this way. And keto food taste so doggoned good

And yeah, the scale definitely lies for me!
  • lavenderdawn7
    lavenderdawn7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been reading online and trying to incorporate the keto do's and don'ts into what I'm eating. I ordered a book but it's not here yet. I decided not to wait. Today I made the muffin cup sausage w/ green onion and cheddar, had two for breakfast. Ate a can of tuna with mayo and a boiled egg for lunch and plan to do a big salad with either chicken or tuna tonight for dinner. Had coffee with heavy cream, iced tea and an crystal light tea to drink, I really hate plain water. Tho I've heard some people do not use artificial sweeter, I'm just not there yet, maybe one day. I am trying to use less mixes and Mio. Nice to meet everyone here.