Hangover food?

Options
KellyJelly11
KellyJelly11 Posts: 7 Member
Hello Keto friends :blush:

I am 3 weeks into Keto and I am doing great! However, I may have slightly overindulged in the alcohol department Friday night and my stomach hasn't been the same since. (Yes I have been hydrating a ton and supplementing my electrolytes)

Usually I would go for rice and bread to calm my stomach down, but obviously that is no longer an option.

My usual diet of meat, cheese and leafy greens don't seem to be soothing the beast.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I would try soft scrambled eggs or egg drop soup (I think Ruled.Me and IBreatheI'mHungry have recipes). Broth is pretty soothing. Full fat greek yogurt with stevia or something would help. "lemon ginger tea" which is steeped fresh lemon, fresh ginger, hot water, sweetened to taste with stevia/erythritol/xylitol/etc. is another good one...

As far as crackers, if you aren't gluten free, Joseph's Lavash Flatbreads, cut and baked, make good crackers...

Small quantities of no sugar added applesauce might help, too (organic is best)...
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Full fat yoghurt, with a couple of berries, if you can. Make the fathead crackers, eat plain. Chicken broth with little pieces of chicken in it. Or even try a short fast like 18:6?