Help getting started

Options
Peppapink17
Peppapink17 Posts: 7 Member
HI can anyone offer any advice as to how to get started on the ketogenic diet..any suggestions as to where to find a plan to follow or good books or websites to check out...I'm new to this so any info would be greatly appreciated..

Replies

• traceyannedwards7
    traceyannedwards7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya I've been keto since 31st may and dropped 20lbs with no exercise I'm well on track for losing another 50lbs to reach my goal ... I'm happy to buddy up on MFP for support . I joined a fb group called KETO FRIENDLY UK we are also on instagram #ketofriendlyuk If you do it don't do lazy keto be strict it's a way of eating for me now I can't bear the thought of eating heavy carbs again ... work your macros out of a keto calculator and stick to them
  • Peppapink17
    Peppapink17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tracey .wow you are doing great! I would love to buddy up for support...I still have lots to learn about this it's all very new and it's going to take me awhile to figure it all out ..I'm thinking of ordering the book The ketogenic 30 day cleanse..Thanks for the help!
  • mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ is the best place I've found to go for Keto related posts! The community over there is great and they have a FAQ section that goes into everything in detail. Definitely check it out :)
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    mphillip6 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ is the best place I've found to go for Keto related posts! The community over there is great and they have a FAQ section that goes into everything in detail. Definitely check it out :)

Agreed. I get a lot of great info from Reddit, and I did my first 60 days by following meal plans/recipes from ruled.me

Diet doctor also has some great info, I just ordered GRAIN BRAIN, Wheat Belly and Keto clarity as a friend recommended. Grain brain and wheat belly aren't strictly Keto, but a lot of it is appropriately related to this WOE.