Newbie 100 lbs - looking for friends that get it!

Options
Day 1 for me on keto and my fitness pal. I signed up a long time ago but haven't actually used it. Looking for friends with similar goals. I've 100lbs to lose. I've lost weight before but am expert at putting it back on and more. I have to do it this time. I'm 47 with two girls aged 10 and 6. I want to be around for them!

If you can help me along the way please let me know. I have no-one in my immediate social circle that is overweight at all so I need friends that get it!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post xx

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've 100lbs to lose. I've lost weight before but am expert at putting it back on and more.

You aren't an expert at this. ^^ This is a biological imperative function. Give yourself a break. It isn't all your fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80c3VTbIiYE
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Getting off one's meds in a month isn't a realistic expectation for most, so please keep that in their mind. And not everyone can fast.

PLUS, it takes far longer than 4 weeks to get heavily into ketosis and be on your way to fat adaption. Folks eating poorly before due better to wait until at least 12 weeks to include fasting in their protocols.
  • hollyshealthymeals
    hollyshealthymeals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can add me, I'm still learning keto, but I like the way my body is responding to less carbs. @chriscros63, I'm also a mom to many.
    @cisgettingskinny, wanting to be around for them is a big motivation!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I am new to keto but it's working a treat. I am over 40, have 2 kids and have 120lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Anyone, please feel free to add me if you want a friend to share the ups and downs with :)
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been eating LCHF/Keto for a few months now. Friends are great for motivation & accountability. Add me :)
  • hillarymouse
    hillarymouse Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose too! I lost 40 in college and then gained back 115... keto has been amazing for me though, let's be friends!
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you @KnitOrMiss for bringing up that valid point. I have been strict keto since July 27th and I am not off any of my meds yet. We have to be careful when offering any type of medical advice to people. Everyone is different, Everyone will respond differently, and keto isn't for everyone.
  • Junaos
    Junaos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto, and have about 150+ lb to go. Feel free to add me! And that goes for anyone else on the thread, too.
  • purrr9
    purrr9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    always looking for keto buddies!
  • candyapplecrystal2017
    Options
    I’m new too!! Trying to figure it all out!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have around 100 to lose and have lost 36 so far this year. Stay positive and know we are with you in this journey. This group is one of the most positive and helpful groups I've experienced on MFP and we all encourage each other and keep each other on the keto road.
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, whoever wants to