Options
2»

Replies

• traceyannedwards7
    traceyannedwards7 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've been keto since 31st may 2017 and lost 20lbs
    I'm strict 10g carbs a day or less 1200 calories high fat and mid protein I'm not putting my full macros down as you all have your own depending on height age weight sex exercise etc I love it but I do strict keto and fasting
  • snapper567
    snapper567 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just finished my first week of keto- it was a bit overwhelming the first few days- just because it's like the opposite of everything we've ever learned (food pyramid-lol)
    After I week, I'm feeling like I kinda-sorta know what I'm doing. I could use more friends, though.
    I keep my diary open, I ask that friends do too (not because I'm a stalker, it's just really helpful to see what regular people are eating vs. sample menus in magazines)...
  • clbaugh1012
    clbaugh1012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is my second week on Keto. SW: 243 CW: 233. Still trying to figure things out, but I feel like I'm slowly getting the hang of things lol. Feel free to add me on MFP! :smile:
  • mamajaime388
    mamajaime388 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Jaime, I'm from Connecticut. My husband and I started keto about 5 weeks ago. I did CICO for a while, and lost about 10 pounds. Discovered keto and am loving it so far.
    Starting weight (CICO) 276
    Starting weight (keto) 266
    Current weight 249
    Goal weight 155-160?
    Height 5'8"

I could use some friends to keep me accountable and to help with meal ideas. My diary is open.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi All, I am getting back on track and would love some Keto friends as well during this Journey. I was first introduced to keto last fall, my brother has been following Keto WOE since Early September and has lost over 60# and maintaining.

I started last (late) October, and was a keto machine, lost 12# and working towards my goal. I fell off the wagon pretty hard early Winter and apparently haven't been motivated to get back on track - that is until the past week I've been feeling sluggish again and then Saturday weighed myself...and cried. All of that hard work down the drain. The combo of just not following my WOE + 2 weeks in Jamaica at an all inclusive really blew all of my hard work.

Anyway, so here I am, starting over, and hoping to make daily choices turn into habits.

My way of following this WOE is "lazy Keto", and to me that means keeping net carbs UNDER 20 total, mod protein and higher fat if needed. I eat until full but stay under 1200 cals, I also believe in IIFYM, its game (to a certain point, as in: I allow Low Carb tortillas, fruits, etc as long as they fit my daily goals , but I am not actively trying to have sweets or sugars bc it may "fit" that day ).

Im 35 years old, 5'10 and starting weight is 180.4 (This is the highest I have weighed in 11 years). My ultimate long term, maintenance goal is to be right around 150. I normally maintain 164ish but even at that weight wanted to drop a few pounds.

I am re-booting today, keeping NC under 20 daily, getting in all of my supplements (collagen, B12 complex, electrolytes, Magnesium, fish oil, etc - some of which I have to take dt medical conditions), drinking my water and committing to at least 4 walks per week with husband and Pups!

If you have similar goals or just looking to be accountable, send me a message or add me, I'd love to have other Keto friends!

--and I promise, I'm not ALWAYS this wordy.

KCKO!
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been doing Keto since July 5th. I'm down about 12 pounds. My starting was 300.6 my goal is to just feel healthy and comfortable. I want to be about 160-170. I wish I had started this when I first heard about it but I was such a skeptic. So here's to my new way of eating. Feel free to add me!