Just spoke to Nicole and she is doing awesome! Here is a pic
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Here you gi
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update and the pic! Glad she's doing great. When will she be stateside again?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    Hi! First, my phone keyboard sucks...get out your decoder rings!

Ok! I arrived on 7/17, surhery on 7/18. The hospital was clean, but service was meh. They removed 10lbs of skin and 2lbs of fat from lipo. I have approximately 120 staples.

My tummy tuck goes from outside of hip to outside of hip, thru the mons. Center line goes up to the top of my cleavage.

My arms and chest are combined. From inside elbow up to pits, down to bottom of bra strap, in to breasts. That was just for arms and side boob fat.

My back is from side to side, entire length of back, right at the bra strap.

Bonus!?! He didn't like the way my girlie bits looked, so he did a mini-thigh lift. I have incisions in both sides of my crotch.

My mons, below the incision, hurts the worst. It's a nerve thing. The wind blows my dres against it and it feels like the worst sunburn you can imagine.

I only have one drain left, hopefully that will be removed before I leave on Friday. I see my surgeon tomorrow at 5pm pst. He decides if my staples come out tomorrow or not. *fingers crossed*

It's been ups and downs, but they say I'm healing remarkably well for the amount of work I had done.

I fly to AZ to stay with my parents on Friday. I'll be with them until 8/16 when I'll fly back to IL.

My arms get sore being on the phone, so I'll check in periodically. If anything changes, Jen will let you know! Otherwise, assume I'm slowly improving. She'll update as she wants...don't want to put her out.

Thanks for your messages and support!

Glad it all went well
    Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Yaaay! Glad you're doing well and healing nicely!
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you're doing well. It's amazing you could get that much work at the same time. Awesome!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yay! Can't wait for more pictures after you are healed.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    WOW You sure did have a lot of work done at one time. How long were you under anesthesia for? So glad you are recovering and able to spend time at your parents home to recover even more. Looking forward to hearing more about your progress. Keep going strong!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for my lower body lift and breast lift next year!! Congratulations!!
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874, thanks so much for sharing your journey! I know you provided the name of your surgeon, could you provide the name of his clinic? Or is he the only surgeon with that name in Tijuana?
  • elle77belle
    elle77belle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for you. I plan on having a tummy tuck by the end of the year or early 2018.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    Options
    Any updates?
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    Options
    Hope you're doing well!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 - I hope @NicoleL874 is healing well! Please let her know we are thinking of her! :)
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    @jcavanna2 - I hope @NicoleL874 is healing well! Please let her know we are thinking of her! :)

Hi Paula! Nicole is definitely doing much better - she had a small turn for the worse at one point but doing much better now! I will let her know you are all thinking of her. Apologies I have been a little silent but work was insanely busy and we are on vacation and started a long drive back home.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the radio silence. I just posted this to my Facebook yesterday, cutting and pasting here...

Long overdue update.

On July 18, I had 12lbs of skin removed. On July, 28, I flew to AZ to spend some time healing in the loving care of my parents home.

On July 29, there was an "incident" and my mother had to remove my surgical drain. On July 30, I developed a high fever. On July 31, I had developed a seroma and my mother had to remove a surgical staple and assist my body in draining. On Aug 1, I saw a medical provider who cultured my wounds and set me up with new antibiotics and a wound care clinician. On that day they weighed me, I was holding more than 30 pounds of fluid.

On Aug 2, I saw the wound care clinician. I was draining so much we had no idea how to keep me bandaged. We had to resort to cutting new born diapers and taping them to my body over the sterile bandage. I was going through 2-3 diapers a day.

I depended on my parents for everything. I couldn't open the refrigerator or raise my arms enough to get water. I needed help getting up and down from the couch. My mother slept in the room with me. She got me in and out of bed. If I had to pee, I had to wake her.

She had to help me shower, bandage, dress, and even brush my hair. She had to help open and close car doors. She had to deal with a tired, very pained, cranky, depressed Nicole.

On Aug 11, we found out the results of my cultures. I was positive for MRSA. Luckily, the meds they put me on was one for that.

On Aug 16, I flew home. Leaving my mother was difficult. When I got home the entirety of what she's done for me hit me. I had to do it all on my own. (I did a bunch a few days before leaving to make sure I could come home.)

Yesterday, I saw my favorite local surgeon. He removed the rest of my sutures and raved about the excellence of the work I had done. He is super impressed with how I'm healing. He's making me stay off work at least one more week. He said my drain was clogged and had Mom not removed my drain we may have ended up in the ER or worse.

My wounds are healing, my body forever transformed, 89 inches of incisions. (Yes, Mom measured)
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Ok. http://www.drirvingrodriguez.com
    My local surgeon was super impressed with his work. My only caveat about any surgeon outside the country is to make sure you have quality aftercare set up here. Once I left the country there was no follow thru from them.

I was lucky I had set up care in AZ before traveling, and my bariatric surgeon is also a general surgeon. When I got back to IL he was happy to take over care.

I'm trying to post a photo but my phone won't let me. I'll keep trying.