Like Minded Lushes - June 2017

Options

Replies

• gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last night was a zero so that made two out of four. Not half bad. I've been eating well, counting calories, drinking less, kayaking twice a week and the scale isn't moving. THIS is what frustrates me.

It's Friday so there will be wine. Happy weekend all!

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I went to happy hour. Then Eric and I drank some wine. I'm leaving at 3 to play golf. Maybe next week will be my week....maybe.... (broken record)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    OK, so back to logging my food. Its a pain but it works!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I have not given into the dark side yet. We are going thru the appeal process and if that doesn't work we will let the news stations know about it and get a lawyer. Meanwhile on to plan b. Doug liquidated his Boeing stock so we could continue paying bills and he applied for unemployment. It just is really S*itty that we have to deal with this. I have been consuming a lot. Not gonna sugar coat it.

Syd I hope you have fun. You need a smile too. I feel your pain. I never had to deal with any of that with my parents and I thank the goddess for that. My grandfather had Alzheimer's so I have been through it in the past. Just keep on keepin' on.

TGIF lushes.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hang in there Robin, we are all in your corner!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Go get em, Robin!!
    Adios Comic Con and opening weekend at the horse races...us San Diego peeps love it when you all come here and spend money but the crowds are crazy!! We're off for a mini escape. I've already had a beer and a glass of wine and its only 2:30 :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Got into the vodka Saturday night and paid for it all day yesterday. I really need to stick to wine, I just cannot do hard liquor anymore.
    We got some help with MIL so let's see if I can get into a good routine this week.
    Have a great one lushes!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I was pretty lushy. Drank a fair amount on the golf course, but it was domestic light beer, and I can pretty much drink that all day. I had a little wine at home and went to bed pretty early. Saturday I had my friend's 4 year old and my other friend and her 3 year old came over. That actually makes less work for us parents because the kids play together, so we drank a couple shandies. We went to a party next door after and had some adult snow cones and then friends and their daughter came for dinner. Daphne had her first sleepover! They had so much fun. I drank a little too much wine and not enough water and was feeling a little rough yesterday so had one sour. I'm trying for a stretch of a few days this week. Maybe even till Friday, but if I'm being honest, at best I'll probably make it to Thursday, likely only till Wednesday. We're going to a friend of a friend Wednesday to look at his yard (we're going to design it) and that sounds like something that will likely involve a drink or two. We'll see.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Plowing along. we have started writing our response for the appeal. I have been enjoying wine and Best Damn Vanilla crème or Henry's hard grape soda. it's light but full of calories. Frankly, Scarlett I don't give a damn right now. That will have to change. but all in good time.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0

I think I can do another tonight.
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Robin that is crazy, I am so sorry. What a load of crap.

Lushing away here. Yesterday was my first zero in O don't know how long. Going to attempt 3 more at least...
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd, glad you got help with your MIL. Care giving is exhausting!
    Robin, hoping all goes well with the appeal.
    Ashley- good job one the zero!
    As for me, I am going for a zero tonight!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Oh- meggers- good job on the zero as well!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    As for my zero last night. Not even close. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Deep breaths and wine :'(
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hugs Syd.

I had 2 drinks Tuesday and 5 last night at the waterfront concert. We kept our kids up way late. They were having a blast dancing and running. I'm sort of in summer mode and packing as much as we can. My daughter starts kindergarten in 3 weeks and it will just be Langston and me on my days off so I'm trying to soak as much in as possible. :'(

Where's Kate been?
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tried to get in some zeros this week but it was not to be... where do I pick up a package of willpower???

Mon = 1
    Tues = 2
    Wed = 1 1/2
    Thurs = date night and there will be alcohol involved

Here's my dilemma, and maybe some of you can relate. After a long day of work, my husband and I enjoy sitting on our screen porch (we live in a mountain cabin) and relaxing with a cocktail or a glass of wine. Trying to lose 15 pounds, without giving up alcohol, is, I would say, next to impossible. And now, because I'm trying to have zero during the week, I beat myself up when I don't! It's all so UN-enjoyable.. the guilt.. the talking about it. I never had any issues with weight until I had my hysterectomy a few years ago and now, it's all I think about. I am fairly active, but not athletic -- I kayak and do yoga about 4 times a week. How does everyone stay motivated? Life is short and I hate denying myself simple pleasures like date night with my husband or watching sunset on the porch with a glass of red wine in hand.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Well stated Gwenm. Exactly the struggle I face. Not sure what the balance is but we keep on trying!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Ditto. I've been trying to lose 5-10 pounds pretty much my entire life. I struggle with the same thing. At times I am all gung ho and disciplined and then I drink a glass of wine and it goes out the window. There is a balance there somewhere.

One of my favorite quotes:
    gnwabm1hvpoo.jpg
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    ALOHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've missed you guys so much! Work has been crazy busy and I've been having issues with my work computer and haven't been able to access my lushy thread!!!!!

I haven't checked in almost a month. I've had some highs and lows with exercising and drinking. I have been getting some yoga in but my walks have been non-existent. I haven't done too bad with drinking???

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-dinner with some ladies form work...2 beers and 1 manhattan at home
    Thursday-should totally do yoga and behave BUT maybe some burgers and bourbon out???

Have an awesome day xo