Use your own healthy diet goals

Options
leoflores4080
leoflores4080 Posts: 1 Member
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about how MyFitnessPal app reset my nutrition goals from a healthy diet I manually entered to a carbohydrate rich diet that the app creates if you let it calculate your targets automatically. I was shocked. I ran across this article last night and looked up Food Pyramid nonsense. Thought you might like it.
World Renowned Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease
He uses strong language,
“These recommendations are no longer scientifically or morally defensible.”
“Let me repeat that: The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine.”
“Foods loaded with sugars and simple carbohydrates, or processed with omega-6 oils for long shelf life have been the mainstay of the American diet for six decades. These foods have been slowly poisoning everyone.”
“Today’s mainstream American diet has produced an extreme imbalance…”
All this started because the original Food Pyramid (on nutrition) was published by the World Health Organization, in conjunction with the Food and Agriculture Organization.
In the US it was introduced by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) was called the "Food Guide Pyramid." To this day no science supports what they publish.
(see my blog for links leoflores4080)

Replies