Week 1

Options
cbeck130
cbeck130 Posts: 14 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Well I have participated in 3, 30 minute workouts this week. I ate great the last two days and binged today but the point is that I am moving, eating more fruits and veggies, and logging the good, the bad, and today's down right ugly. And it's okay! I'm okay. :) I want to be healthy and live. Who is with me?

Replies

• JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya'! This week, I've "moved my body" for about 100 min each day,Mon-Wed. I feel good about that. Usually, I do a little strength training, a nice walk, and 20-40 min of yoga. Thurs I volunteer at a local aquarium, so I treat it as a rest day. I feel really good about my food choices, too.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So far, this week is going very good. I've already reached my goal of 10,000 steps on two days and the 3rd day, I reached 7,100 steps. I've also managed to eat less than I burn :)

I have my own company and 2 days a week, I work at the office of a client, so that means it's more difficult to reach my 10,000 steps on those days, but when I'm working from home or have meetings with clients, it's definitely easier to get moving.
  • ihp2015
    Options
    Long day today. Started work at 7am and wasn't finished until 4.30pm. Currently just under 4,500 steps, but on the other hand, I've only eaten 1,672 cals. So definitely more than a 500 cal deficit today :)
  • ChiaPetters
    ChiaPetters Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Did a 10 mile bike ride fallowed by a loooooong walk. Went home did a little work (worked on my book for the first time in a long time) then took a nap. Pretty good day also planning on going for another ride later tonight.
  • TabbyCat444
    TabbyCat444 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thursday = gym day 2 of 3!
  • ihp2015
    Options
    cbeck130 wrote: »
    I love logging in and seeing an 11day streak. No idea how long it's been since I have tried to be healthier. It's a great start. :)

Totally agree. I'm at a 6 day streak, but so far everything seems to be going really well.
  • ChiaPetters
    Options
    Going out to the Brewers/Cubs game tomorrow with my family . Planning to work my butt off early tomorrow morning (waking up at 6 to go bike 30 miles should take me 3 hours) so I can have something yummy as a weekend reward. So I won't be able to post tomorrow.
    Today I have done a lot of walking around. Trying a new low calorie dish for dinner tonight and then going for a bike ride later.
  • Bonkers412
    Bonkers412 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel like today was the first day that didn't go great for me. My kids did not sleep well last night and today I just had no energy. No energy for exercise and no energy for willpower. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Day 1- Walked for 20 minutes in the park
    Day 2- none
    Day 3- 30 minutes walk/jog on treadmill
    Day 4- none
    Day 5- 40 minutes walk at the park
    Day 6- home cleaning day, around 4-5 hours
  • ChiaPetters
    Options
    Finished a 25 mile bike ride (kicked my booty) Now off to the Cubs-Brewers game. Go Cubbies! Have a great weekend everybody.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This morning I walked about 3 mi. Then, after lunch, went for a mile walk with my husband. We try to go on a mile walk every day.

I also did NOT clean my plate at dinner today, because I was too full! So proud of myself for listening to my body. Usually, I always eat everything on my plate.
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk for about 30 min.
  • TabbyCat444
    TabbyCat444 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Saturday (7/29) = gym day 3 of 3!!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, this is the first group I've ever joined, the first challenge, I'm still figuring out how to navigate.

I was 180 this week. I exercised 30 minutes a day for 3 days (Insanity Max30), one day of interval training for 43 minutes, and one day of 25 minute lower activity, 25 minutes for upper, and a 15 minute HIIT workout. This is my usual weekly routine, I change it up a bit sometimes by skipping a 30 minute Max30 session and doing the elliptical at the gym instead but that's mostly because I'm using their tanning bed weekly to prep my skin for an upcoming vacation. Otherwise, it's home workouts.