Introduce yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• pgphd1
    pgphd1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck keep moving! I'd be interest to see how the injections work.
  • Steffifeffi
    Steffifeffi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stefani I'm a stay at home mom of 3. I have a 15 year old boy, a 6 year old little girl and my youngest little guy just turned 1. Although I suffered for years 15+ with symptoms of RA my doctors kept telling me I was stressed & depressed. Finally found a Dr. about 5 years ago who listened to me ran some tests found my RA levels high and here I am. I started struggling with my weight in my early 20's when I got a very stressful desk job. Having RA I find myself being very sedentary and tired most of the time so take out or easy (not so healthy) meals are on the menu most nights. I'm here to make some positive lifestyle changes for myself and family.
  • soywoman
    soywoman Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was diagnosed with RA approximately 4 years ago. Tried methotrexate..made me sick. Have been on leflunomide and that seems to be ok. I take 10 mg every other day. I also take a B-complex. I have been taking meds for collagenous colitis also. fought with the Dr. about the medications. They suggested Humira at one point and refused. The lack of motivation that comes along with all of this is very frustrating!!!

Nice to meet you all! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! :smiley:
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just had my first Rituxan infusion Friday after a few years of failing different biological for RA. Currently taking sulfasalazine, plaguenil, prednisone and leflonomide. I've lost 50lbs over 3 years. After the Rituxan I gained 2 lbs so I'm not happy about that. I just need 15 more lbs lost to be at my right BMI. If any of you would like to visit please add me. I also have hypothyroidism. Just removed my gall bladder last month.
    ❤️
  • rawarriorgoddess
    rawarriorgoddess Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sara and I have RA. I've been on many different meds over the years with no luck whatsoever. Began working with a functional nutritionist and was able to improve significantly. Currently take Plaquenil to help manage leftover inflammation, and diclofenac occasionally for pain. I am working on getting my weight down now. Just finished a 5k this weekend, the last mile was very painful but I pushed and I finished!