Yoga sequences

Options
daneejela
daneejela Posts: 461 Member
In this thread we can share yoga sequences that we like or want to try.

Here are few for inspiration:

Good morning sequence
Get stronger sequence
Fierce sequence
Standing strong sequence
Spine rejuvenation
Longer beginner sequence
Tone up sequence
Upper body strength sequence
Flowing grace sequence
Better posture sequence
More energy sequence

Do you have any sequence that you liked and want to share?

Replies

• jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Do you think it is best for a super beginner to begin with a video or on our own with directions?
    (Can you tell I am excited?!?)
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @jackinorrie I am also a beginner like you, so please take my advices with caution :)

Only experience I have with yoga is from the last month when I tried to learn few poses.

My advice is to start with just a few poses that feel good for you and that you'd look forward to every day, and then to build up easily from there when you'll feel comfortable.

Also, at the beginning don't worry if your poses don't look as nice as on pictures, it'll come with time. Just focus on how does it feel - stretches shouldn't feel painful in the joints, it should feel good and relaxing.

I had very nice time with a mini sequence - warrior 2, triangle, half moon. Triangle instantly makes me happy and half moon works great as a hip strengthener pose.

Maybe you can pick few poses that you find interesting, write them down and just focus on trying and learning them first few days?

Anyway, can you tell I am excited too? :smiley: Great to have you here!

So looking forward to it! :)
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    Thanks for that advice- it sounds like a good plan!!
  • Hannah2Heart
    Hannah2Heart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I searched YouTube for a "Yoga for 30 days for beginners" video series and will be doing this to start with. I have never done yoga before so... this should be interesting!!!! Blast some worship music and play the video... should be a great start to my day every morning :smile:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Do you think it is best for a super beginner to begin with a video or on our own with directions?

I highly recommend Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She has a beginner series that is awesome plus just short clips on proper poses. Go check it out!!!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options

I'd start with videos first, to get correct form and see the "flow" from one move to the next. You'll feel what's best for you on any given day as you get to know what you're body can do. Adriene (spelling?) has good you tube videos, but there are so many good ones out there. Look around and see. Have fun!

• SheilaCali
    Options
    Carlsoda, I didn't mean to repeat what you just said. I just read your post above- great minds think alike!
  • beeziebaby
    beeziebaby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I searched YouTube for a "Yoga for 30 days for beginners" video series and will be doing this to start with. I have never done yoga before so... this should be interesting!!!! Blast some worship music and play the video... should be a great start to my day every morning :smile:

Could you share the link to the video you found if you get a chance? I'm completely new. Tried two of the sequences listed in the original post for today, but a video would be great to check my form. I'll be looking on YouTube, but I like to try the ones that get good feedback :smile:
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Tara Stiles also has a lot of nice videos on YouTube, including for beginners. Some are only 10 minutes long too, so you don't have to do a long series. I found Fightmaster yoga as well. So many good free ones to choose from!
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    That sounds great!! I am having a hard time getting going - what am I afraid of? So tonight I started clearing out a devoted spot where my mat can stay laid out ready to go. When it is all set I'll send a picture - but for now I am just going to begin.
    carlsoda wrote: »

I highly recommend Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She has a beginner series that is awesome plus just short clips on proper poses. Go check it out!!!
  • jackinorrie
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    I'd start with videos first, to get correct form and see the "flow" from one move to the next. You'll feel what's best for you on any given day as you get to know what you're body can do. Adriene (spelling?) has good you tube videos, but there are so many good ones out there. Look around and see. Have fun!

I am pretty sure this is my fear. Getting injured just doing a few poses without instruction. I am going to look at both Tara Stiles and Yoga with Adrianne on YouTube.

You guys are really great!! Thankyou. Until tomorrow... Namaste (teeehee)