End of Year Challenge

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
I figured we could track some longer term goals in this thread in addition to the monthly challenges. So let's try to set some goals to tech by December 31!

My goals are (starting mid-August):

Reach 130 lbs

Do Stronglifts consistently 3 times a week except on trips

Do yoga 5 times a week

I might have to amend these depending on Keith but it's what I'll try for now.

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I like this idea but the only goal I can think of at this time is getting pregnant haha. I'll have to come back to it.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    That's a goal! Lol. Yes no pressure. I just like to have shorter and longer term goals.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I also like this idea but I seem to really suck at sticking to goals so I'll tentatively put some here knowing I probably won't reach them. haha
    • Be 20 pounds lighter
    • Have incorporated 3 days of strength training per week
    • Have continued to be consistent with exercise (I figured I should add one I probably will reach haha)

And that's all I can think of.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Good idea Katie! Since TTC has taken longer than I had imagined (and we keep having to skip a month :( ) I'll say....
    1. Get pregnant
    2. Prevent further injury to my spine
    3. Strengthen back
    4. If not pregnant, lose 20# (178 goal)
    5. Walk more, at least 3x a week unless injured
    6. Read more books!
    7. Strengthen my marriage <3
    8. Pick back up my handicrafts like seeing and cross stitch

Heh, that's a lot, and I could keep going. Having multiple goals is going to help keep my head on straight when the TTC blues consume me. It's all I think about sometime, and at times I feel depressed and alone..., like nothing else matters in my life but getting pregnant. My health, happiness and marriage matter too! So do yours ladies!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It's just that getting pregnant would make my goals different! Ok ok, let me see here.

IF NOT PREGNANT
    1. Get to and maintain weight below 120 (currently 125, have been trying to stay in a maintenance range of 120-125 but would rather not be up to 125)

Regardless of pregnancy:
    1. Stick to working out 3-5 days a week even when there is no race to train for--I'm really bad about this
    2. Climb 1x/week MINIMUM
    3. Clean 30 mins/day, 3 days per week
    4. Pack lunch every day unless there is an outing pre-planned
    5. Determine new career goals
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I usually am great about setting longer term goals but been a bit discouraged in the last year or so. I planned 2016 around getting out of our apartment in June, it took until December. That took the wind out of my usually diligent goal setting and life planning game. I feel like I have spent the first half of 2017 trying to pull the pieces back together! So, with that said, here's some goals for the rest of the year.

1- Get Pregnant
    2- Save another $1500 in my maternity leave fund--that'll get me to 6 weeks of pay saved.
    3- Start losing weight again, I've stalled out recently. Goal of 35 pounds if not pregnant before end of year.
    4- Finish the shower project that's been half done since our former renter/contractor flaked out on us in September
    5- Eat smart, be diligent with food choices. Maintain a moderate carb intake, with emphasis on whole grain and whole fruit carbohydrates, rather than added sugars...and maintain that throughout pregnancy.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    These are fantastic ideas, ladies. <3

Cut 15 lbs of fat.
    Work out regularly.
    Improve overall health.
    Get pregnant.
    Knock out at least 2 more remodel home projects.
  • gingermary82
    gingermary82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Goals for end of the year

1. Make a decision about when we are going to TTC - I might do some extra studying next year, not sure we could juggle a newborn and a Masters
    2. Lose about 0.5kg (1.1lbs) per week
    3. Excercise 3x per week
    4. Keep on logging food daily
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    if not pregant. be at 173 or less with good food and exercise three days per week at least!
    if pregnant. continue good food and exercise
This discussion has been closed.