How to maintain through vacation

Options
kkbmommy
kkbmommy Posts: 29 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
I've been trying to eat at maintenance with lifting two times a week, lap swimming two times a week and the occasional crossfit or hiit once a week. What I'm wondering is, how do you transition to rest weeks without your body thinking you're cutting? I wanted to do two weeks maintenance before a 4 weeks cut but one of those weeks had 5 workouts and this next week will be by a pool in Vegas eating dirty and drinking mojitos. So, my rest maintenance calories will be lower on my rest week than they will be while cutting and working out. Do you recalculate calories depending on activity level?How do I prevent my body thinking I'm cutting already?
TIA

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    For a rest week, I never change my cals. I just let it go. A week is such a short time that there really is no point in adjusting your cals for the week, just to adjust again after the week. Honestly, you will be just fine with sticking to your normal level when you take a break from the gym:)
    Just enjoy the vacation time and relax. Thats much better than stressing over your calorie level

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • kkbmommy
    kkbmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!
    Wohoo I was sad to eat less. The more I up my calories the more I'm hungry.