Hope I get approved

Options
md4373
md4373 Posts: 1 Member
I am already in the process to get approved for gastric sleeve. I'm excited about the possibility of being approved but scared that I may not be approved. I am nervous about the liquid diet.

Replies

• Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I think the whole process is nerve wracking from start to finish. Stay positive! :)
  • Jujub34785
    Jujub34785 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I definitely can agree. I've recently started the process and it is nerve wracking waiting for the time between each doctor appointment to pass. If all goes well I'll be sleeved in November if not sooner.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @md4373 I know how you feel. Whole process was about 18 months for me. I didnt feel confident it would really happen until final insurance approval about 2 weeks prior to surgery.

I wouldn't sweat the liquid diet too much. Your dr just wants you to lose weight right before surgery. And seeing that you'll be on liquids right after surgery he wants you to be used to not eating whole food. You'll do fine. :smile:
  • vanessaenlow
    vanessaenlow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process right now. When I first met with my doctor he told me that we'd meet together 6 times, and my first actual appointment was last month and my 2nd is this month. I'm thinking the whole process together will be 5-6 months? I don't know. I have so much confusion about what's going on, but I'm trying to keep my faith.
  • QueenLB33
    QueenLB33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of the timeframe from start to finish? I have 6 appointments as well but what about the time frame after? Like how long from the last visit to approval to surgery?
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Every program has a different time line. You should ask at your next appointment.
    The liquid diet isn't fun but it is necessary, it helps shrink your liver which makes the surgery safer. Whenever I felt like cheating I thought about that.
    Good luck with your approval!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Every insurance company is different. I had to be on a 4 month diet plan, visit a nutritionist, psychological visit, and then a couple appointments with my surgeon. All in all it took around 8 months. I took some time to really think about whether I wanted the surgery. I began the process in September of 2015 but had my surgery in August 2016.

I also didn't have to do a liquid diet. Maybe it will depend on your surgeon?