Today marks my first year of LCHF WOE, and this is what happened.

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
Just remembered, I started the WOE on Aug 1 last year. I had read and shopped the last week in July and began this WOE on Monday, Aug 1.

So happy I did that, I was 170 lbs. on that day. Today I am 5 lbs. below my original goal weight on MFP. I had tried to Zone my way to goal, but just couldn't lose the last 15-20 lbs. so from summer of 2015 I had made my way back to 170 by summer of 2016, not my highest weight ever, but way too high for a petite, over 65 yr. old. I did stall out at 155 over the winter months, but then I learned about fasting protocols and started adding in fasting the end of Mar. 2017, both IF and extended, by end of April I was 3 lbs. below my goal weight (141, top of my heights' normal weight range). I have been maintaining since then. I get compliments from everyone who hasn't seen me for a while about how thin I am, still trying to wrap my head around my name and thin in the same sentence.

Not sure what the coming year will bring, but I have decided I might want to be about 3 lbs. lighter than current weight. And I am so happy to eat the wonderful foods I can eat, I was never a sugar addict, but I did love bread, pasta, and potatoes. I have found alternatives to those that work when I think I am carving one of those starchy three. And I LOVE salt, always have, now I eat it without any guilty feeling at all. Plus it helps on the extended day fasts, win-win for me.

My plan is to continue this WOE, fasting if I pile on a few lbs. and if I drop a few more lbs. just accept it and carry on. I have become curious about my LBM, and think I will treat myself to a DEXA scan this fall, to see how much excess weight I am carrying still.

Replies