Weekly Post 30.7- 5.8.2017

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,523 Member
Hello, everyone! Last week was super busy, no fasts, but I managed to lose half a pound!
I looked at what my daily average has to be to lose a pound a week... 1200 calories! Holy Cow! That is super low! Well, I guess it is salad and more salad for me. I have some serious rethinking of my menu to do.
I hope everyone has great fasts this week!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate and all!
    Congrats on your loss! Yes, that is low. I was just there and for me it was not happening. But I still have a ways to go. You can do it!
    Beach today for us and tomorrow will be a vacation day. Going to be sunny!
    I will try and check in, otherwise see you guys Tuesday. :)
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello, New here! Today is my first fast day. I've been doing Keto since January 1st. I've lost and gained 20 lbs during that time span. I'm 40 w/ PCOS. I've been dieting since I was 10 years old. I'm hoping the 5:2 diet is something that finally works for me! :)

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Welcome @Quiche867! I am fasting today, too! *fist bump*
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your day off!
    Fast day is going really well! Had a snack wrap from McDonald's after I took the kiddos school supply shopping. I felt I deserved something yummy after that! LOL! I am planning on a salad for dinner with some leftover enchilada chicken from last night.
    Also considering giving up diet fizzy drinks. BUT, bubbles and lack of calories are what get me through a fast day, so I am not sure what to substitute. Recommendations?
    Have a great day, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Welcome @Quiche867! We are glad you are joining us. I hope that you like 5:2. :)

Thanks @KateNkognito! Weekend was nice and day off was great! We went to the beach yesterday and we are glad we did because it ended up being one of the best days of the summer! B)

Yesterday was a Light Day for me too. It went well. We prepped our salads and took them with us to the beach! Hit the gym in the AM. Was nice to beat the after work rush!

Good for you Kate. I gave up soda years ago myself. Yes, my guy is in the same boat. He likes his fizz and was a big Diet Soda guy. How about some seltzer? We love them! Most weeks they are on sale in the super market for $1 or less in the 1 litre or you can buy cans. The big ones work better for us, space wise. They have great flavors and most that I find have no sodium. Those are nice and there are some great flavors! Lemon, lime, cranberry lime, black cherry, raspberry, and plain are some of the flavors that are in heavy rotation in our house. The brand we buy are mostly Polar or Stop and Shop - our super market brand. But so many make them - Schwepps, Canada Dry, etc. etc. Good stuff!

Hope you are having a good one. Lunch outside today for me. Sunny and a little more humid than yesterday but we need to enjoy these summer days while we have them!

Chat soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    And, so begins the back to school rush... I have 3 inservice days, a meeting, and an appointment, on top of shopping, cleaning,and prepping my kids, my house, and myself for the school year. If I dissapear in the next couple of weeks, just pray for me.
    Have a great week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh lol kate! Yes, you'll be busy!! Good luck! And congrats on your loss! Don't forget about coleslaw!! Cheap & already shredded in a bag.... very filling and big on crunchy texture to make you feel like you're eating more than salad!!! I love adding a peanut dressing then top with green onions, sriracha and grilled chicken or whatever protein. Also great in a wrap too! 1200 is low, but that's what I did to lose my weight... check Pinterest for 200 cal ideas

Welcome to @Quiche867 ! Hope your first fast day was successful! Let us know how your day went.

Meghan glad you're enjoying the beach so often, sounds lovely! I haven't actually sat at our beaches in ages even though I'm surrounded by them... you are reminding me how lucky I am!

Kate I gave up club soda because of the sodium and I swear I lost about 10 lbs just from that alone!! I started just having icy cold water with fresh mint or lemon or even cucumber, and sometimes a combination of all that or other fruits. It's a great way to get full and hydrated. Also unsweetened almond milk is a great alternative too if you need more substance. After I got use to making my own flavored water I found I just didn't need the fizzy stuff anymore.

I was out for dinner ( yes, again) last night but I opted for the spinach salad! So delish!! With fresh warm crispy bacon and a full sliced hard boiled egg with mushrooms and the most delicious dressing called mimosa dressing .... not sure calorie wise, but with one glass of Pinot Grigio, I think I did ok!

I'm fasting today! Who's with me????
    Although now I feel like a quiche.... ;)

• Quiche867
    Options
    My first fast day was a success! Thanks for asking. :) Today was a nonfast day. I just finished dinner and I'm done with my 2000 calories for today. It included healthy choices and not so healthy choices. I feel guilty though... Is it ok to eat whatever I want on nonfast days if I stay within 2000 calories?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Yesterday went well. Sat outside for lunch which was lovely! Today is a little more humid and overcast but can't complain.

As far as the sodium in seltzer, I find that most of the ones I buy don't have any - so check your labels! Good point, @mamainthekitchen :)

For low calorie meals I love Pinterest too! Lots of good stuff on there.

Glad your first day went well, @quiche867 As far as calories a day, on non light days, I found that if I acted like I was trying to lose weight regularly using MFP's recommendation (or a variation of) that the weight would come off a little quicker. But, you need to do what works best for you and what fits your lifestyle. I am currently at 1350 calories on non light days. I exercise six days a week doing cardio and I am trying to lose pretty aggressively (if possible). I still have around 40 pounds or so to go. With that being said, I do cheat meals on Friday and Saturday nights - otherwise I pretty much stay at 1350 or 500. HTH.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thought I'd share this site. Snack Girl has a lot of great low calorie recipes. I have made quite a few of her's lately. She has a family, so she's probably more kid friendly then some other sites I have seen. She promotes Weight Watchers, so everything is low cal. Nutrition information is listed for all her recipes which is handy.
    Very easy to input these in to MFP to save for logging. If anyone needs help with that, let me know. I do it often. :)

https://snack-girl.com/recipes/
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh I've just blown it the last couple of days! No fast for me.... I'll try tomorrow :s

Good job to those who've been successful this week! Yikes! Gotta get back on track pronto!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I went back to school clothes shopping for myself, yesterday. It's official. I am short and fat and have no boobs (sorry gentlemen that are reading this). It was great motivation to lose weight so I can fit in everything better.
    @Quiche867 If your daily TDEE is 2000, and you have two 500 calorie days, that is 3,000 calories a week that you are down, which equals a pound lost per week.
    @mamainthekitchen We all have bad days. Today the sun came up, and we are still here, so we get to try again.
    @Meghan509 I will look at those sites. Plus, I have the beta version of MFP'S meal finder. It is really useful.
    Today, I am fasting and cleaning the heck out of my house.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Kate, you are too funny! :smiley: Great, thought that site might help you with your meal planning and calorie goal.
    I know what you mean. I am 5' 4", so on the shorter side and my "cup" size has shrunk due to my weight loss. LOL
    I am happy to report that my smaller sized pants are fitting well! Still have to try some more stuff on to see where I am at. It is a nice feeling to "shop in my closet" and find stuff that fits. Back in the summer of 2014 I had gotten down to my lowest weight before I had surgery in May of 2015 and started gaining... Maybe ten pounds less of where I am at now. After that, then I'll be rolling!
    Okay I'll stop babbling. Yesterday went pretty well. My guy had lunch out with his Dad yesterday and wasn't that hungry last night for dinner after the gym. So we ate left overs for dinner which I don't know if that was a good thing or not. Might a been a bit salty. Guess we'll find out tomorrow AM for weight in. In the mean time. Waterrrrrr!
    Today is light day. Looking forward to my salad already! Good luck with your fasts.
    Hang in there mama. You'll get rolling again. Like Kate said - look at the bright side. Life is too short.
    Hope you are doing well Quiche!
    No gym tonight. Going to get my hair cut and highlighted after work. Still growing this hair long for the past year (until it drives me nuts and I cut it off). So far so good. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody,
    Hope you all are doing well. Even though I weighed in today and am up .2 I really can't complain and say I feel mad or upset! I have had a good couple of weeks in a row where I had some nice losses. So a week where I pretty much stay the same is okay. Can't lose every week! I don't measure, even though I should! My clothes are much loser and I am back in to smaller sizes (tops and bottoms). All good. Moving on!
    My guy is the same this week, but last week he was two pounds up so at least he lost that... Ugh. I told him he needs to eat more calories. Maybe he will listen to me one of these weeks!
    Looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow night we are going to a friend's house. They are a nice couple we get together with once in a while. He is a chef and really good cook! He installed a pizza oven outside and will be cooking pizzas for us. Can't wait! :p
    I'll check back a little later to see if you guys have checked in. Have a good one!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi people!

Well so far so good today.... meaning I haven't gone overboard today!

Gotta love having new clothes from your own closet Meghan!! I loved that, even got a few things from my daughter too!

It's hot here, well more muggy so feeling kinda gross... and when ya feel gross ya don't care.... just a stupid vicious cycle! Had an early morning walk by the ocean and that was the best part of the day! House cleaning with my glasses on too;)

Happy Friday!!
  • Quiche867
    Options
    Hi! My first week went well. I'm down 3 lbs. (I'm guessing it's mostly water weight). My fasting days were pretty easy. I was hungry at times, but I got through it. However, I did overeat on my non-fasting days. I wasn't prepared w/ decent food to eat. I will get a plan together to eat lowish carb on most non-fasting days. I think that will help. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh wow Quiche!? 3 lbs down that's really good... and a great incentive to stick with it! I love hearing how new people are doing!! It just kicks me back in time to when I was more motivated instead of this doldrums of maintenance...

I just had first meal and enjoyed a huge chefs salad @ 419 cals! I also plan on some tea this afternoon to help curb dinner. Tomorrow is going to be a salmon BBQ! No alcohol this weekend!
    B)

• mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ooh I forgot, Meghan... I'm so excited about that outdoor pizza oven! Hope you had a great time!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Well I was so full from my salad earlier that I just had a little cooked chicken (marinated in garlic & lemon) and steamed green beans for dinner! Finishing the day at 807 cals.... not a fast but I'll take it!

Have a great weekend everyone!