August 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Had a GREAT day today and still managed to stay within calories! WOOHOO!

exercise yes
    calories yes
    tacking yes only 11 glasses of water today
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Aug 5
    Exercise-30 min of stretching. Nothing more on purpose.
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-ate all but 10
    Thoroughly enjoyed my day of rest. Not only did I not lift or do cardio , I did no household chores either. I read. Days like this are very rare for me, but I purposefully scheduled this one. I will be a better person for it tomorrow!
  • PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @trixey029 congratulations on the PB! It's great to know you are improving
    @craigo3154 you can't put exercise a bad diet it's true. As well as for energy - a bad diet plus exercising a lot as punishment is depleting! One thing I would do though is that it was easier before I had injuries. I used to be able to run and jump now it's mostly walking and swimming. Hills are also a problem. I get a much lower calorie burn and no less endorphins which is challenging. That said I'll preserve with it.

For me it was 3x Yes. I did very well out with my two friends and I watched them go through at least 5 rounds of drinks! I just mostly had soda. I allowed myself one wine. Pretty good work !!
    My scales aren't shifting too much lately. I have lost about 2.5kg overall since last month. So will need to stay focused.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @Gus130 - feel better soon and see you next time.
    @Slimpossible007 LOVE the pic - makes me want to be back in Glasgow! Well done for all your exercise!
    @RangerRickL enjoy your weekend!

For me yesterday (Aug 5th) it was :
    Yes x3
    35m swimming laps plus walking
    calories all tracked and within my MFP allowance (including exercise) BUT I ate stupidly, way too much and hit the G&T - I was only within my allowance because I'd exercised and hardly eaten all day - it all happened in the evening!
    @craigo3154 the picture you posted rings true for me (I think that may even be a pic OF me!) I have indeed been trying to out exercise a bad diet for years. I eat reasonably well for meals (maybe portions slightly large) but I do the real dammage in between with snacking. TIME TO CHANGE! Thank you so much for that post - I'm going to keep it - sometimes an image strikes home more than words.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    3x yes. Great day.
    Camping in the woods so lots of lugging gear, den building with kids, moving wood and stone for fire pit. Walk to Pizza express (healthy superfood salad for me). Over 16k steps in total. Even skipped lunch because we were busy, my only worry is 2nd day well under calorie target..... i've had issues with hunger in the past when i've combined lots of activity with too large a deficit.
  • fitastic2day
    fitastic2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pass day 2 today. My daughter has been very sick this weekend, and I wasn't able to get away to exercise. Tracking and calories were A-OK though. All the best for tomorrow all!
  • Ready365
    Ready365 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for me!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    August 5th
    Exercise: 35 min walk
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Miles 2
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Well, I got my days mixed up. I posted the August 5 details under the August 4 tab.

Not sure what happened, but I apologize for my mixup.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Here was my 5 August post:

Exercised: yes. I did 70 minutes of circuit training with a lot of big movements--plyometrics, jumping jacks, skipping rope, step ups, and core work, along with squats, biceps, and triceps. Afterwards, I mowed the lawn and did other yard work for a total of 1hour 20 minutes. Great day!

Calories: I stayed within goal. I borrowed some calories from my workout expenditure. Had a very nice get together with some friends and had dessert and wine. Reasonable decisions were made:)

Tracked: yes, I tracked everything.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    "What are your experiences with diet vs exercise for weight/health management?"

When I started weight lifting a year and a half ago, I used to reward myself with a hamburger and a pint. I loved it! but didn't lose an ounce :/. So I cleaned up my diet, and eventually lost 10lbs. The tricky part, is I'm starved after exercise. I have to have something healthy planned, ready to eat, or I'll pounce on something fatty, like chips.

Yes, x 3 for today.
    Two hours of tango, and dog walking
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    yes x 3

Exercise, kinda fun. The road. Climbing for 2300. Ran my heart tighter than usual. Probably tighter than I should be running it. I think I might have been on track to a PR but I stopped and yakked to a trail runner. I think I talked to that guy for like 14 minutes. If I deduct that from my time at my 2000 check point, I seriously PR'd it. But you can't really do that. Messes up my cred. I like watching trail runners. Watch them on descent. Some of them jump as much as they run.
    Descent, I got passed by another mountain biker like I was standing still. Earlier, had the road to myself for an hour anyway. That is pretty good for weekend morning. I went by three mountain bikes that was all propped up on a tree. I look down at the creek and sure enough three mountain bikers sitting in a pool. I didn't stop and talk to them.

I seen Indian Paintbrush today. I think that is Indian Paintbrush. I didn't take this pic today, but that is the gist of it.

urc6s50r1vhw.jpg

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 2 hours of walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, barely
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; one hour hike
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • BexDun
    BexDun Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Kcl: 1460/1460. Could have been disastrous, as I was invited to a friend's new flat for dinner. He knows I'm training hard though and put thought into what he made.
    Tracked.

Exercise: 1hr 27mins walking the dog. 60mins lifting. Had a really good session. Got my deadlift pb up to 100kg and still felt I could have done more. I've only been lifting for 9 weeks, but I love it. If I can get my weight down another stone and a bit to be in the lower weight cat, then I could potentially compete. Still need to work on them squats though.

Saturday was a day of new found optimism and new goals.

Yes x3.
  • zorrocat
    zorrocat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    August 5:

Exercise?: 60-minute run.
    Plank?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes, with 472 to spare.
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    August 5... looks like I forgot to post until now.

3 yeses: exercise, calories, and tracking
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Late check in

Exercise, yes, a 5k run and some gardening
    Tracking, yes
    Calories, yes, even though I tried to sabotage my day by snacking all morning, I managed to pull it back.
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Exercise : 30 mins on the tread mill and lots of walking in the evening(about 4 miles)
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : Yes, under by about 300
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    August 5
    Exercised yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes