Need weight loss surgery friends!!

Options
2»

Replies

• soangelakay
    soangelakay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I add a few of you on here. I'm having surgery on Aug. 9th and it's been a long 6 month process after a year of research. I'm a mom to 5 beautiful girls. Currently I live in Florida but I'm from Northern California where we have mountains and rivers and beautiful nature

Which part of Northern Cali are you from? I currently live in Live Oak, Ca.
  • soangelakay
    soangelakay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had VSG 7/17/17. Mommy to a 13 yo boy, 4 yo girl, and my youngest son will be 2 in Nov. I live in Northern California.
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had VSG 5/28/13 - add me if you'd like :smile:
  • alirocks713
    alirocks713 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Not new to MFP but newby of sorts to VSG surgery. I had surgery on 03/06/2017. I am 5 months post op as of yesterday. Time went by so fast. I am trying to still loser weight. I don't know if it's just me but I lost 60 lbs, I have been struggling with 2 lbs for over a month now. My highest weight was 291 lbs. I am 5'3". My current weight is 232-230 lbs. I keep gaining and losing the same two lbs. I know that with the sleeve, you effectively have 6 months to lose without really trying. I track my food. Eat as much protein as I can. I am bad about exercise and bad habits like the slider foods mainly around my time of the month. Is there anyone out there struggling like I am, this early in their surgery journey?? Any tips you'd be willing to offer?
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had RNY in Dec/ 12, when I weighed 430 pounds, and I have lost 145+ pounds, but want to lose another 70+ pounds prior to having a BODY TUCK for all this loose skin! I lost well for the first 1.5 years without really trying, then stalled. Since joining MFP, I've lost another 40+ by counting calories. I'm now trying to find an exercise regime I can sustain in this life-long journey. I'm also half-way thru a 30-Day Paleo Reset plan, since I suspect I am gluten-sensitive, possibly lactose-sensitive too. We'll see when I start adding items back into my meal plan. Oh, I'm 64 years young, retired, long-times divorced with two grown sons, and I live just north of Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. And I'm very active on MFP, and adore new friends!
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    MoyMG wrote: »
    I had RNY in Dec/ 12, when I weighed 430 pounds, and I have lost 145+ pounds, but want to lose another 70+ pounds prior to having a BODY TUCK for all this loose skin! I lost well for the first 1.5 years without really trying, then stalled. Since joining MFP, I've lost another 40+ by counting calories. I'm now trying to find an exercise regime I can sustain in this life-long journey. I'm also half-way thru a 30-Day Paleo Reset plan, since I suspect I am gluten-sensitive, possibly lactose-sensitive too. We'll see when I start adding items back into my meal plan. Oh, I'm 64 years young, retired, long-times divorced with two grown sons, and I live just north of Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. And I'm very active on MFP, and adore new friends!

We are neighbors so to say. I live in a small town towards the bottom of Washington State near the Oregon border.
  • prettydreamy
    prettydreamy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi all! i was sleeved on 4/3/17. feel free to add me. :)
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    3/27/17
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I had my Sleeve done on June 30th 2017. My 'Honeymoon' lasted all of 3 weeks lol. I lost 30 pounds, and now my body is back to it's old tricks (up 2, down 3, up a half, down a pound, back up a bit, the old song and dance, despite eating between 5 and 600 calories a day at 320 pounds). It's not all a breeze of effortless weight loss, you still have to be prepared to work. I'm joining a gym to get some help from a trainer to work through some of my physical issues that stand in the way of increased activity, which I think may be part of why I'm having so much difficulty right now. I welcome all new friends, especially ones with experience! Any additional help or stories would be fantastic!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    misty83rn wrote: »
    I had gastric bypass on May 15,2017. Im looking to add anyone who is or has also had weight loss surgery!! I am a mother of 4, happily married, RN at a max security prison.. looking to add like minded folks for support on this journey!!

Think we could be very like minded. I worked closed custody for 15 years. Guys doing life. Feel free to add me.

Hope you're managing your stress level in that environment. :D
  • Lgcoulter33
    Lgcoulter33 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I haven't had surgery yet but I'm in the process of qualifying. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My gastric bypass was 10/31/2011. I lost 140lbs total and gained back 47. I have lost 43 of the 47 but the first time I lost it, I was doing strictly cardio. Now I do a lot of body resistance so even though I'm 4 lbs heavier than my initial lowest weight, I'm smaller and soooo much more toned! You guys can totally add me if you want, if you have any questions about anything I'm more than happy to answer them (no holds barred). Seriously, even the stuff you think is gross, ask! It's so important to know you're not alone on your journey.

I was 310 when I had the surgery and I am now 174. I'm 5'3 so I know this sounds high but if you saw me you would have no idea I'm 174. I have a severe hourglass shape and a lot of excess skin on my belly (the skin accounts for at least 10 of the extra pounds).
  • nniang
    nniang Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I was sleeved on 6/18/2017 and am looking for friends who have undergone a similar journey. Please add me.
  • bebek10
    bebek10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Welcome! Friend request sent. I was sleeved on May 30th and I'm also looking for bari-friends, so anyone can feel free to add me too!
  • tamzup
    tamzup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to group. VSG 12/18/17. Looking to add other “sleevers”. Feel free to add me
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am scheduled for VSG on 4/16/18. I weigh 229 and my goal weight is 160, so I have 69 pounds to lose. I know that weight loss will be slow and I am ok with that, I figure slow weight loss is better than no weight loss. B)

Starting weight: 229
    Goal Weight: 160
    5'6 and BMI of 37 (starting)
    37 years old